GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: parts car for montrealers?

Default parts car for montrealers?

'not running' looks very nice tho - '94 530 check craigslist... i don't need much right now but i could maybe throw a few dollars at it - depends on the rest of you. philip i think it's your colour!

make sure those parts would fit on your car, Tim - even year to year models had some very different parts and pieces.

i would be interested w/ some of the parts

I would not mind having the sunroof and the front wings, trunk and hood.
    Doh, wide hood. Guess I'd have to go for the grill and all.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post
    make sure those parts would fit on your car, Tim - even year to year models had some very different parts and pieces.
    check! actually i hardly need anything (at the moment - which is good) but i'd go in on it for some bits and pieces ... just throwing the idea out there... 3 is not enough that's for sure unless one of us (by 'us' i mean 'you' ) is really willing to give. thanks ben good to know you're still watching out for us buddy!

I need the rear carrier

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

I ain't got no storage for it, so don't count on me for dishing out the dough . Plus I can't tow. It just depends on what state its body is in. That 3.0 V8 DOHC must kick better butt than my M50. It's Tiptronic ? Had no idea that was available in 94. Not my taste for driving though: it's manual only for me.

Don't fool us Tim, you want the interior !

The thing might actually be worth putting back on the road.
    Last edited by BMWDriver; 07-24-2008 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWDriver View Post
    I ain't got no storage for it, so don't count on me for dishing out the dough . Plus I can't tow. It just depends on what state its body is in. That 3.0 V8 DOHC must kick better butt than my M50. It's Tiptronic ? Had no idea that was available in 94. Not my taste for driving though: it's manual only for me.

Don't fool us Tim, you want the interior !

The thing might actually be worth putting back on the road.
    jeez i hope that's not what you really think i wouldn't try to profit from you guys - i wouldn't do an interior swap man i'd rather eat rotting garbage and the door panels won't match my carpet - i do need some seat parts to fix the pos i bought off lee in ottawa and some small plastic pieces and clips and ashtrays but i don't need a parts car. my lower front speakers are bad was thinking maybe a/c if it fits i dunno it was more for everyone else.
    is the rear carrier the same on a touring? i'd be surprised but my car surprises me all the time.

I'm just messing of course. But, I was not saying you wanted to profit from us, but that you wanted something, just as much as I want those beautiful new looking (from a crapy pic, what can you guess?) panels for my rusting body. Humour is not easy to pass along with text I suppose. So I'm poking at ya !

I don't think I can afford what I could use anyway. I'll probably just paint for now and buy wings much later on. The M50 still runs great and that's what really matters. I have to go with what I can afford now. It would have been great, but the timing's wrong. I just go bit by bit and it gets better. It's like a dream you build one step at a time.

The A/C is different. They put in what's called R134 in the later e34s, can't say what year from, whereas we have the R12. You could do a retrofit, which is described on bmwe34.net and it doesn't seem like you have to replace the whole system.

It must be from 09/92 because they did alot of upgrades that month: wider mirrors, Vanos engine on the M50, wider grill, introduce the V8s (530/540)...
    Last edited by BMWDriver; 07-24-2008 at 10:14 PM.

I have the wide grill but no vanos...maybe because mine was USA? Rear carrier is same for all the E34's, even touring...maybe not m5.

I never check realOEM for M5....can only dream to have one...the R32 GTR will have to do in it's place...but there's nothing like smoking any modified 2 door sports car with a 4 door sedan from back in the day.

Tim, if you do swap out the door panels, swap out a couple of other parts and make the car "2-tone"...it would be original and it's a solution

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast