GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Service indicator wont go off ...help plz

Default Service indicator wont go off ...help plz

hey all you 5ers. My name is james.. i am the proud owner of a 1990 525ia even though it costs a million dollars to keep running I do all the work myself and i love it. SO when I switch off the ignition, the backlights in the service indicator stay on ..and will not go off after any amount of time. also the check control wont go off either.. it displays the standard message of :brake linings: (the sensors i haven;t replaced) ..any way .. i have had to take out fuse # 20 to completely disable this cicuit so it doesn't drain the battery.. but when the car is on i don't get check control odo display trip meter or service indicator unless i put the fuse back in. THis happened after i removed the right side window motor to replace it. Could these things be related ."?? if anyone could be of any help ..i would greatly appreciate it...this problem is really sucky and annoying.

thanks!!

JAMES STEWART

Quote Originally Posted by jstew4u View Post
    hey all you 5ers. My name is james.. i am the proud owner of a 1990 525ia even though it costs a million dollars to keep running I do all the work myself and i love it. SO when I switch off the ignition, the backlights in the service indicator stay on ..and will not go off after any amount of time. also the check control wont go off either.. it displays the standard message of :brake linings: (the sensors i haven;t replaced) ..any way .. i have had to take out fuse # 20 to completely disable this cicuit so it doesn't drain the battery.. but when the car is on i don't get check control odo display trip meter or service indicator unless i put the fuse back in. THis happened after i removed the right side window motor to replace it. Could these things be related ."?? if anyone could be of any help ..i would greatly appreciate it...this problem is really sucky and annoying.

thanks!!

JAMES STEWART
    the lights do stay on for quite a while after you turn the ign off...15 or 20 seconds or maybe slightly longer.They only stay on though if there is a fault.Fix the brake linings message!
    Gone but not forgotten