GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: E.A.T. CHIP JULY 4th SALE!

Default E.A.T. CHIP JULY 4th SALE!

Hello E34 owners,

if you are looking for a performance chip for your car, I'm offering 10% off the regular $229 price from now until Monday July 7.

Just order from my site, ( www.dsylva-tech.ca) and I'll send the 10% back as a refund. Please make sure to mention "BIMMER.INFO_JULY4" so I know to send you a discount. Please also specify if it is an AUTO or MANUAL in the comments field.

Orders are usually shipped from Columbus Ohio every Monday.

Thanks, and have a great July 4.

MarkD

Mark, I've been wanting a chip for my 540iA M-Sport with a build date of 9/25/95. Do you have one available for my car?

And if it matters I've got Dinan transmission software which raises the shift points to 7,000 RPM.

Would also like to know about the EWS II. When I had the Dinan software installed they re-aligned the EWS computer to the Dinan chip. I have no idea if that changed the EWS codes or not. Meaning if I give you the last 7 of the VIN will that give you the info for the codes that were on the stock chip? Or would you need to read the codes off the Dinan chip?
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

Quote Originally Posted by bubba966 View Post
    Mark, I've been wanting a chip for my 540iA M-Sport with a build date of 9/25/95. Do you have one available for my car?

And if it matters I've got Dinan transmission software which raises the shift points to 7,000 RPM.

Would also like to know about the EWS II. When I had the Dinan software installed they re-aligned the EWS computer to the Dinan chip. I have no idea if that changed the EWS codes or not. Meaning if I give you the last 7 of the VIN will that give you the info for the codes that were on the stock chip? Or would you need to read the codes off the Dinan chip?
    Please either call me at the number shown on my site, or I'll call you if you email or PM the number to call.

I need to read the codes off the DINAN chip now that it's been re-aligned. Otherwise I could have read your stock chip. I made a 540 chip that will start any EWS-II car and runs well, but the CEL flashes. If I had a car up here for development, I'd have the problem fixed in a few hours.

Are you in CA? If not, where? I'm asking as if you have 93 octane available, you would want the 93 octane version. You can respond by email if you like.

Mark

Mark,
    what octane fuel must be run in a 540 with one of your chips?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    Hello E34 owners,

if you are looking for a performance chip for your car, I'm offering 10% off the regular $229 price from now until Monday July 7.

Just order from my site, ( www.dsylva-tech.ca) and I'll send the 10% back as a refund. Please make sure to mention "BIMMER.INFO_JULY4" so I know to send you a discount. Please also specify if it is an AUTO or MANUAL in the comments field.

Orders are usually shipped from Columbus Ohio every Monday.

Thanks, and have a great July 4.

MarkD

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Mark,
    what octane fuel must be run in a 540 with one of your chips?
    91 octane, and I have another version that requires 93. That was developed for the EWS-II cars. I can make a version for the EWS-1 models but nobody asked for it.

Mark

ive been in two minds over a EAT chip. i would love to get one but after hearing a story of my friend with a e30 who got a chip n then had to replace his ecu and went back to stock. his reasoning was that bmw spends billion of dollars on research every year and that any after market chip regardless of how much they spend in research will not compare to a stock chip.

i would love to get a few more HP n better fuel eco n throttle responce, but dont want to risk stressing my engine or stuffing up my computer.

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by cammo View Post
    ive been in two minds over a EAT chip. i would love to get one but after hearing a story of my friend with a e30 who got a chip n then had to replace his ecu and went back to stock. his reasoning was that bmw spends billion of dollars on research every year and that any after market chip regardless of how much they spend in research will not compare to a stock chip.

i would love to get a few more HP n better fuel eco n throttle responce, but dont want to risk stressing my engine or stuffing up my computer.

thoughts?
    your friend's theory is flawed. BMW spends billions on research that will provide a compromise between power, engine wear and fuel economy. Aftermarket chips are not a compromise - they bring the engine as close to the edge as they can through reprogramming. Your friend is mistaken to think that BMW's primary concern when it comes to engine programming is performance.

Is there a performance curve comparison before and after the EAT chip somewhere?
    '01 540it, 6/01
    '03 325i 5 speed, 9/02
    '10 535ix. 9/09
    '10 mini 6 speed
    '15 mini countryman 6 speed