GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Stero wiring question for the turn on module (for anteanna recpetion) in the rear C Pillar

Default Stero wiring question for the turn on module (for anteanna recpetion) in the rear C Pillar

tyring to get the am/fm reception working for a head deck i installed years ago.

I have the c-pillar removed and i'm looking at the turn on unit at the c-pillar to get radio reception

I will power this via a amplifiers remote turn-on lead.

There are two places that I can put the power lead on (I looked at the module in the C pillar)

X948 (Heating) uses a spade terminal

X949 (FM / Heating) uses a eye terminal

Where should I put the power to only X949 and/or X948 also?

I assumed both, but the module in the C-pillar just says FM/Heating for one of the inputs, whilst the diagram ( I assuming) says that power should go to to, both X948 and X949---- so I'm confused????

Are you trying to bypass the antenna amplifier? Looks to me like X424 and the standard shielded antenna connection are what you connect to the head unit (Power on comes from the amp connector (which feeds from the head unit anyhow). Don't connect the remote on lead to matrix at all, it will blow the head unit as the remote on can only supply a small amount of current (for powering a relay switch armature in an amp and/or power antenna unit.)

If this is what you had and it was no good--- I don't think you should try bypassing the amp. The problem is simply the impedance that the radio section (RF front end in the radio) expects.

My solution (lucked out) was to use a JVC front end- the new ones with USB seem to manage pretty well. I had a great Blaupunkt before that, it was not so good with the (wonderful) window antenna setup- its nothing like a standard antenna and is typically 'BMW-ique'.

I can imagine many others being far worse than that though- even the 'good' units.

Cya, Nick
    Last edited by genphreak; 06-18-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    tyring to get the am/fm reception working for a head deck i installed years ago.

I have the c-pillar removed and i'm looking at the turn on unit at the c-pillar to get radio reception

I will power this via a amplifiers remote turn-on lead.

There are two places that I can put the power lead on (I looked at the module in the C pillar)

X948 (Heating) uses a spade terminal

X949 (FM / Heating) uses a eye terminal

Where should I put the power to only X949 and/or X948 also?
    i don't understand your setup the anntenna amp should be powered already from the hifi (trunk) amp you can just take the coax cable that's there already and plug it into your hu no?
    looks to me like x948/9 supply current to the the rear defrost, so that's power out not in - is your defrost working? you do need the anntenna amp to get reception unless your using a different anntenna? anyway, i don't understand sorry if this is absolutely no help.
    edit- i get amazing reception with my rear window anntenna and i didn't have to change the factory setup at all, just plugged it into the new hu.
    Last edited by 525i winter driver; 06-18-2008 at 10:45 AM.

yeah the white wire was the turnone lead item. it's fixed now guys, the middle connection was the antenna amplifier item