GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP my e32 memory seats dont fit my e34 wiring plugs

Default HELP my e32 memory seats dont fit my e34 wiring plugs

ok i got the e32 seats delivered and they are in good condition, i set out today to fit them, removed my drivers seat then had a look under the e32 drivers seat and there is nowhere for my plug to go, as suggested on my previous post about this i might need an extra wiring loom, i dont know what i need and i have looked at the wiring diagrams on the web and i dont understand them, i though i might be able to to a diy job on wiring the seat up or do i really need the proper wiring loom ?

i plugged the passenger non memory seat in, only 4 of the 5 adjustments owrk, the one that moves the seat back and forward does not work, what a bummer.

anyway here is the wiring under my drivers seat, the typical 12 pin found under many e34 seats although mine only has 4 wires

here is the wiring under the e32 drivers memory seat, all the memory module is under this seat but these connectrions i believe are for memory mirrors and memory steering column.

The memory module for the E32 is for all responsible, not only for the mirrors.
    Memory steering column was very rare on the E32, I have it only on a 03/1994 750iL, which was the last production month of the E32. As far as I can remember, memroy steering column in E32 was only in the last production series, all others had manual adjustable steering columns and only telescopic style.

You even did not indicate out of which production year/month the seats come. Here some pics of the cable connectors under an E32 750iL Highline out of 12/1992 production.
    http://infinitier.ddo.jp/e32/page/mainte/mainte_047.htm

Go to my website below and download the following:

Seat & Mirror Memory Training Reference Book (1.04MB)

hi mate i dont know what year the seats came from, i bought them off ebay, the guy selling them got them from somewhere but it was not his car he had a few interiors for sale but was not a car breaker. ill ask him what year the donor car was.

i was also told the wiring loom he has cut through is what i need ie the extention wiring loom and can cost £70 from bmw

i cant get into that link its asking for a password and login

link working now and i seent he pics dude

i am biting my tongue here and trying not to give the seller a mouthful, i have asked him to see if he can get the rest of the loom from the breakers, so he says he will pop down and see if its still there so fingers crossed.

I have this same issue. I pulled a set of E32 seats but the driver's side has all the memory functions, and the white connector doesn't seem to plug in anywhere. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to swap the wiring from my old seat (everythings working on that), probably not too bad, but I'd rather make this work.

I have to head to lancaster tomorrow so I can actually go back to the yard and spend time and get whatever parts I want. What else should I pull for the memory system? Is there any other module aside from the big black one? And does anyone know where the other end of the harness that connects to all the plugs goes.. I can't seem to find the fitting EWD in my E34 stuff. Would definitely be nice to make everything work, else i'll just convert my current seats.

if your old seats have memory the wiring loom that goes from the seats to the white connector should fit, i complained to the seller for cutting the cable on mine, it turned out he was breaking another e32 with memory seats so he sent me the wiring loom, this plugs into my white plug and into the seats, i have not had time to fit the seats as i just moved house but the wiring loom for the memory seats is necessary, i was told on another forum that you cant get the memory features to work so you have to earth 1 wire to use it as a normal electric seat.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic_525_tds View Post
    if your old seats have memory the wiring loom that goes from the seats to the white connector should fit, i complained to the seller for cutting the cable on mine, it turned out he was breaking another e32 with memory seats so he sent me the wiring loom, this plugs into my white plug and into the seats, i have not had time to fit the seats as i just moved house but the wiring loom for the memory seats is necessary, i was told on another forum that you cant get the memory features to work so you have to earth 1 wire to use it as a normal electric seat.
    I just pulled the entire wiring memory wiring harness with the exception of the part that runs up to the dashboard (i think this is for steering column.. don't know what else). This includes the plugs for the mirrors, though I don't have them. All the potentiometers pertaining to the seat controls are present. Did anyone determine if the memory function would work without feedback from the mirrors and/or steering column?

The build date of the donor car (or at least the seat according to the stamping inside the back cover) is January 1992, which I guess makes this the "early system" for memory described in some previous threads.
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showt...=E32+seats+E34

Kalevera hadn't tried out the early system, perhaps someone else has?
    Last edited by nirvana19; 07-15-2008 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Build Date

Just an update, my car had the same body harness as mystic's. From the wiring harness, you just connect the seat connections and white plug for the body, then are brownish ground connection and all the power functions of the seat work. I still haven't experimented with the memory function since I haven't even sorted the seat twist.. but that will come.

Quote Originally Posted by nirvana19 View Post
    Just an update, my car had the same body harness as mystic's. From the wiring harness, you just connect the seat connections and white plug for the body, then are brownish ground connection and all the power functions of the seat work. I still haven't experimented with the memory function since I haven't even sorted the seat twist.. but that will come.

glad to hear they work ok dude, i still have not fitted them i have been so busy since i moved house a few weeks ago and my seats are stored at my mums i was going to go get them this weekend and then fit them.

i have heard of the 'twist ' problem are you doing something to fix this if so what, im not sure what the seat twist is ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast