GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: yokohama EVS 100

Default yokohama EVS 100

hey fellas,

I just got my 18 inch staggared set of M-parallels. I wanted to know what you guys thought about the yokohama evs 100's to go on this set. I like the tires aggresive look.
    I don't drive real aggresive but i do want good performance.

thanks,

Darron

Default Mine lasted me barely 20k miles

they got loud after 10k, cupped, and wore unevenly. Not a terrible tire for the price. I believe the E34 is a bit heavy for these tires, and with a lowered suspension set up, it was not conducive to great wear. I replaced them with Bridgestone RE-750

Default You mean AVS ES100?

Do you mean AVS ES100? If so, they handle great with decent ride for 18" tires but they do get loud as they wear (maybe after 8k-10k miles). Also, they are summer tires and not designed for snow. For that price, I would go with Goodyear F1 GS-D3. They are better in performance, ride quality, and noise level. I purchased Goodyear F1 GS-D3 for my JAG and they are the best summer tires I have ever owned. Now my car handles like a sports car but drives like a luxury sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by darron525
    hey fellas,

I just got my 18 inch staggared set of M-parallels. I wanted to know what you guys thought about the yokohama evs 100's to go on this set. I like the tires aggresive look.
    I don't drive real aggresive but i do want good performance.

thanks,

Darron
    RICK
    BMW 1995 525i (Alpine White)

Default Yokos or Toyos on the e34

had Yokos went to Toyo Proxies and was much happier. The Yokos we so loud I couldnt stand to ride in the car. Toyos much quieter; More aggressive; better handling. Of course thats my opinion. Out here in Virginia I have found the handling to be extremely useful while dodging Cicadas on the highway. Good Luck - JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

thanks fellas,

Scott, forgot to mention that im in socal , so snow is not an issue.

thanks,
    Darron

Quote Originally Posted by Johntee540
    had Yokos went to Toyo Proxies and was much happier. The Yokos we so loud I couldnt stand to ride in the car. Toyos much quieter; More aggressive; better handling. Of course thats my opinion. Out here in Virginia I have found the handling to be extremely useful while dodging Cicadas on the highway. Good Luck - JT