GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Vac line - where does it go?

Default Vac line - where does it go?

I'm currently trying to track down what I am pretty sure is a vacuum leak and have a question since I can't seem to find it on RealOEM or BMWFans.info.

My first question is where does the #5 hose run to? Mine just ends and is not connected to anything, and the end is brittle and looks like it broke off. I looked under the intake to see if I could find a corresponding broken end, but I don't see anything.

Is this thing supposed to terminate somewhere? In looking around for a possible connection I noticed that there is a hose coming off the back of the intake manifold directly behind the throttle body, and it looks like there is a small vac hose or plu coming off of it. However, I can't seem to find the corresponding diagram that shows this part. Could the #5 hose plug into this, and mine has just broke off at both ends?

The hose is directly opposite of the throttle body and underneath the intake runners, but it's not shown on the diagram.

BTW, this is on an M50, 10/91 prod date. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Quick update:

After some acrobatics and the use of a flashlight I got a better idea of what the other hose/nipple is:

The nipple comes off the upper ICV hose #8 where it goes into the backside of the intake. The above diagram is really misleading... =)

Also, after digging around the engine some more I found another piece of the broken hose, about 6" long and sitting on the block. Still not long enough to go from the crankcase ventilation connector (#1) to the nipple on the upper ICV hose, but as brittle as the hose is it could have broke into multiple pieces.

Hose 5 in pic 1 goes to nipple on item 9 in pic 2.