GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - BMW Gina concept

Default OT - BMW Gina concept

http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news...mentid=8545931

The car's real sci-fi trick however is its ability to morph; changing shape like the liquid metal robot in Terminator 2 depending on what is required of it.
    Too bad it doesn't "morph" into some that looks good, because it's hideous. I guess it's a neat display of technology...

Oh 'hallo thar', btw.
    Ken, from Melbourne AUS.
    '89 535iA with a 5 speed swap.

saw this a couple of day's ago, can't wait until Bangle gives us BMW's covered in human skin which can bleed and cry.

IMHO I think its neat. It may have practical applications such as reduced drag, weight, and able to adapt for best aerodynamics for the current speeds. I can see this as the future of the automotive industry.

However, its not yet practical. I would love to see what thing would look like at 100 mph with everything flapping around. You would need a material that can turn from flexible to solid with an electric current, which really should not be that far off...

Its also worth noting that this concept car was not designed for public view. It was meant to be an inspiration for the designers at BMW. But I think its made a pretty good impression nonetheless, I love how BMW is always thinking ahead.

Our E34 cars are a great example of that.
    Last edited by infurno; 06-12-2008 at 10:17 AM.

It looks like a genetic cross between a shark and a Z4.

Well, there are advanced materials coming our way. A lab was able to produce elastic metal after all.

True, the creative process is meant to take you places unimaginable and unpractical in order to advance. Then you choose and keep the interesting stuff out of it. It's quite a disturbing process for people who are not used to it.

I sort of like the headlights, though it's a bit too agressive.

Quote Originally Posted by infurno
    You would need a material that can turn from flexible to solid with an electric current, which really should not be that far off...
    Like in Batman! Yeah, I could see that happening.
    This is what the next Z car will look like, according to the article. Looks like no BMW will escape obesity.
    Ken, from Melbourne AUS.
    '89 535iA with a 5 speed swap.

Convertible owners hate having a canvas roof, imagine how many of these new cars will be sliced open? Haha

Old car: 95 525i, OB/Silver, Eibachs, Style 66, Missed dearly!!
    VIN Decoder | Online ETK
    | E34 Bible

This was talked about on 4chan's auto board for days already. The concensus made a lot of sense.... all you need is a knife to ruin a sweet ride.

Personally, I really like the hiding headlights, kind of a throwback if you think about it. Keep that Gina's body shape, and make that in aluminum finish almost like a Delorean's stainless steel finish, and use that material up front just for the hidaway headlights and roadster top, and you've got something that'll sell

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

I find that these days the least of my worries is what my car looks like. I wish they would stop screwing around with this pointless crap and release an all electric or hydro car that doesn't completely suck. The end is coming for these dumbasses, and they're tip-toeing around the tulips with a car condom.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeyesTx
    This was talked about on 4chan's auto board for days already. The concensus made a lot of sense.... all you need is a knife to ruin a sweet ride.

that's true of any car tho - i mean, even a set of keys can ruin your ride.

Wasn't BMW the first manufacturer to offer the Hydrogen running 7-series like.... 6 years ago? They've already done it, but there's still not that one "person to rule the world" who figured out who to create hydrogen cheaply for mass production/distribution.

Personally, I'd love to see a "convert your gas engine to run on hydrogen" so I can keep my 39

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast