GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Picked up the 128 vert today...

Default Picked up the 128 vert today...

In light of this thread... http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38500

Wow. Having never driven in a convertible other than test drive, I have to say it's quite nice. There are absolutely no options on this car (other than premium sound), and I sorely miss them from my wife's fully loaded 135. In her car, I could be in fourth... floor it, and it would pickup quickly and go. In this car, it feels hollow. The twin turbo is sorely missed.

What's nice though is the exhaust still has a throaty note. I will be doing the golf tee mod to give it a little more growl down low.

The 128 doesn't have a coolant temp gauge. WTF?

When you close the top, the windows wind down 1/4, but STAY DOWN even after the top is closed. It should remember the last setting (!) What a design miss.

The fog lights had moisture in BOTH. Again, WTF?

I knew what I was getting into and I enjoy it... just didn't know that comfort access is such a nice feature
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

gee i'd rather have a temp guage than a throaty exhaust.... is that a daily driver for you now qube or is it just for quick trips to montreal meets and back?

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    In light of this thread... http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38500
    ---------- and I sorely miss them from my wife's fully loaded 135. In her car, I could be in fourth... floor it, and it would pickup quickly and go. In this car, it feels hollow. The twin turbo is sorely missed.

---------
    just trade her the girlie/chick car for the biturbo.....problem solved!

She doesn't like convertibles. Go figure.

This is the sunny day driver

Yeah, it really lacks the oomph though compared to the 135.

I debadged it today... contemplated for a moment rebadging as a 281i for shits and giggles 821i would be too ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    She doesn't like convertibles. Go figure.

This is the sunny day driver

Yeah, it really lacks the oomph though compared to the 135.

I debadged it today... contemplated for a moment rebadging as a 281i for shits and giggles 821i would be too ridiculous.
    sounds like it's time for an engine swap! how about a 182i? that ought to go pretty fast...

[QUOTE=Qube]
    In her car, I could be in fourth... floor it, and it would pickup quickly and go. In this car, it feels hollow. The twin turbo is sorely missed.

What's nice though is the exhaust still has a throaty note. I will be doing the golf tee mod to give it a little more growl down low.

The 128 doesn't have a coolant temp gauge. WTF?

[QUOTE]

My '08 328 sedan w/manual trans feels torquey down low, kind of a hole in the middle and then picks up again around 4,500rpms, then pulls harder to 6,500rpms. Don't take it as if the engine falls on its face in the middle, it just seems like it hits a flat spot in between the torque peak and where the horsepower starts climbing up.

This is a car with 14,500miles on it. I do like how you can drive around under 2,000rpms in stop and go traffic and she does just fine.

I didn't know you could play the golf tee game on the non-turbo engines. I thought only the turbos had the variable exhaust thingy. I've read where the BMW dealers get upset when they find this 'mod.' Especially when associated with driveability problems.

You don't need a temp gauge, we will tell you when there is trouble! (said in a stern German accent )

So you didn't go with the sport package? Is that to keep the stiff suspension from shaking the open top around? Or did you want to avoid the seat bolsters on the sport seats? My sedan handles great, almost go kartish with the sport package and 18" wheels. Once in the sport seats I like them but playing the controtionist to enter the car gets a little old...plus I worry about the wear on the bolster and/or steering wheel from climbing in.

Brian

Yeah, the 128 can be 'Teed'. I'll do it when I have to lift it to change the fog lights to yellow.

I have the sport package and sound pkg. I could never live with that stock 128 fender gap on 17s if I didn't!