GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Clear Corners

Default Clear Corners

Just ordered my clear corners from Ebay for the 34 front, i just wondering if this is a difficult or easy job, i have looked at the front light housing and it looks like a bit of a job to get into the corners, any idea as too what to remove, i know il have to remove the front grille, any help would be great.

Thanks.

Corners are removed from under the hood. It's tight, so having a friend with small hands is a plus. No need to remove any other parts.
    1990 535i 5-sp., except for 16" M-Contours, cd deck, and clear corners, completely stock. 226k and running strong

Thanks for that, i knew i was meant to remove them from inside the hood but there is a plastic strip along the front where the headlights are and i have no idea how to get into the corner, do i just unscrew some screws and then push the lights forward out the front of the car? Sorry to bother i just don't want to have to unscrew half the car and do it wrong....

when you get the new lights just look at where the holes are. then you'll know where to look. A stubby phillips and a regular #2 phillips screwdriver will make it easier. 2 screws into side of headlamp assy. One screw towards the rear

Just did this yesterday, I used a skewdriver and it made easy work of the two screws facing the front of the car. The one on the 1/4 panel can be removed with a standard phillips. Just remove the plastic panel that provides access to the headlights by removing the two plastic twist-loc screws (twist a half turn and remove). Once removed you will see the screws you need to remove, tricky getting in there and I have big hands. Driver's side is harder because you have the PS resovior in way, I had to remove the 1/4 screw by feel since I could not see it. The skewdriver really makes a difference on the other screws. It was not too bad a job I got the Euro light smoke ones with the internal amber reflector.
    1995 Oriental Blue, 5 Speed BMW 525i/Parchment Interior