GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: which spark plug is best

Default which spark plug is best

Hello,
    I'm trying to get all the things i'll need to do my valve cover gaskets and spark plug change out on my 1995 540i. I wish to try to do this this coming Saturday. I have valve cover gaskets left and right, the bolt gaskets, and coil cover gaskets coming. I was told that this plug is the best to run NGK BKR6EQUP (3199). Is this the correct one. I haven't seen this one spoken about when I did a search. I have seen it for newer 540's, through internet searches. I just want to hear what ya'll have to say about it. Thanks for all the advise in advance.
    Johan

Love NGK's.. I started using them about 6 or 7 years ago on a big-block Jeep 3/4 ton I had when I stuck in 8 of their Iridium plugs. Since then I've been very satisfied with them and have kinda stuck with them through my bimmer's.

Tried the bosch route, tried +2's and +4's and lost 2 engines due to detonation caused by crushed plug electrodes. Both engines were replaced by bosch when they were found to be inadequate to the compression of the engines I ran them in (at a humble 9:1 and 10:1) which crushed the electrodes into the ceramic causing the plug to arc elsewhere, namely valves and in one engine caused enough heat to make a piston come apart around about 80% of the outer edge by the rings.

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair