GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: maybe someone could help. on a 1985 240 volvo

Unregistered Guest

Default maybe someone could help. on a 1985 240 volvo

My engine rotates slow after replacing battery terminals. The battery terminals were loose so i decided to replace them with new ones. I didnt have a wrench to tighten the terminals during the day so I would hit it with a hammer to get the car started. It would make the the connection tight to the terminal. Sometimes the car would not start unless i held the key in the on position for a few seconds then it would start. I guess due to the loose battery terminal. I had some acid build up on the terminals so someone told me to put motor oil on the new terminal post to keep them clean. When replacing the new terminals i decided to put the oil. Now the engine rotates slow. Even if i boosted with a battery charger the engine still rotates very slow. The battery is fully charged. What should I do. 1 clean the oil off of the terminal and wires. 2 check the wire from the battery to the starter and see how many volts it is getting. I would check that but it is hard holding a flash light and meter at night. 3 or did i burn something by forcing the engine to start by I guess drawing to many amps. If I turn the headlights on, the lights do not dim. So the battery is good. Can it also be a bad wire to the starter. Or even a bad ground cable. Do I have to take each wire off to see if they are bad. Or is there a easier way to check this. I need help. Thanks THe starter does spin just not fast enough.

Check the grounding points, you might have a bad connection.

brickboard.com is a great volvo source, by the way. No hinting at anything, giving you another resource should you not get as many responses as you'd like.

Good luck!

Unregistered Guest

Default i already did post at the brick. thanks for the response. rick

a