GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need a 9J M//

Default Need a 9J M//

So another surprise from my Elekta that went unnoticed.

I have my drive shaft, diff and the subframe assembly out of the car as I needed to rebuild the shaft, fix a leak in the diff and replace nearly all the bushings in the rear. All parts are being wire wheel brushed and painted black...in the faz tradition...tho my friend doing the cleaning is threatening to paint the rear sway bar John Deere green.

So to make the most of the time gap I removed all the wheels to go off to the refurber. I took the wheels to my tire place to have the rubber removed and lo and behold I have 4 8J's and 1 9J. One of the 8J wheels looks to have been polished and the rest are badly neglected oem painted wheels M//'s. I wonder why the seller wouldn't disclose this to me? Food for thought about buying a car in another country without a true advocate to inspect for you.

So, I have 4 PS2's arriving Thursday ($1300 installed with lifetime flat and balance), the wheels will be ready for pick up Thurs, and the car Friday, so I look to be "back in" for the weekend.

I guess the uni directional Michelin goes back on the 9J, but that's not exactly a spare I can use all round.

Who would have just one 9J for sale? Would they consider a trade for a single refurbed 8J? I would prefer to have the rarer staggered system, but I may just dump the 9J and get a 5th 8J.

Any help locating a single 9J would be most appreciated.

Also, OT, but do you get a YouTube account to host your movies? I have a 105mb avi that I recorded on my Nikon that is 5mb too large to get on Photobucket. I want you all to see the underside now that it's empty.

best,

geoff

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

I don't have an answer to your first question but the limit on Youtube is 100mb as well. Try importing the avi into Windows Movie Maker if you have XP and converting it to a different format, lowering the resolution, delete the audio track, etc. You should be able to trim it down enough to get it on either Youtube or Photobucket.

If I was you I'd just order or find another 9J and stick with the proper factory staggered setup on your car. If it was any old blah E34 Touring sure, go for 8J's all the way around. But you don't have any old blah E34 Touring. You've got one that came with M-Systems on it from the factory. And it was staggered from the factory.

I'd almost want to order a new one and have it refurbed along with the others so that the paint would match. Yeah, I know refurbing a brand new wheel seems kinda dumb. But it'd be the only way you're going to get 4 color matched wheels.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

Quote Originally Posted by bubba966
    If I was you I'd just order or find another 9J and stick with the proper factory staggered setup on your car. If it was any old blah E34 Touring sure, go for 8J's all the way around. But you don't have any old blah E34 Touring. You've got one that came with M-Systems on it from the factory. And it was staggered from the factory.

I'd almost want to order a new one and have it refurbed along with the others so that the paint would match. Yeah, I know refurbing a brand new wheel seems kinda dumb. But it'd be the only way you're going to get 4 color matched wheels.
    That's reasonable advice. I am told that this outfit refurbs for dealerships primarily so when I checked factory finish for Model Year 1995 M5, I think they asked for specifics because they have the paint numbers to match it...and also to send it in a paint line and not a polished line.

I'd still like to get one for a hundy plus shipping, and then pay the $125 to get refurbed by the same out fit. This place is a factory so it's hits a research team that writes a ticket that follows the wheels thru bead blasting, welding if necessary, grinding, filling sanding painting and clear coating. As many as four tech's touch the wheel and then you get it back in 24-48 hours, and these guys are still taking these rims to houston and back.

Guess I'll call patrick tomorrow and see what kind of prices he can get me for one.

I'm sure you've already looked but did you check the spare. Someone may have put the spare on and put the 9J in the back.

Greg
    Alpina B10 Biturbo

I bought a pair of 9s from Maximillian Imports about 6 years ago. Brand new, they were $389 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekta
    Yep, 4 8J's and 1 9J

saliya to the rescue
    Drew Z
    Formerly 540iT/6, now . . . 3, 5, 7

Quote Originally Posted by M5Greg
    I'm sure you've already looked but did you check the spare. Someone may have put the spare on and put the 9J in the back.

Greg
    Yep, 4 8J's and q

Quote Originally Posted by M5Greg

Greg
    Yep, 4 8J's and 1 9J

saliya to the rescue

they have 2 for the low low price of $532 plus shipping