GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: clear touring lenses!

Default clear touring lenses!

like jessie in toy story says "sweet mother of abraham lincoln" or the crabs in Nemo... "dear manna from heaven" (yeah those are my kids resets)

I believe I have located a single pair of lenses in Sweden. Know more later, but if unmolested and not glommed into a pair of buckets, these are going to be molded for us by us. I have had a couple of email fabricator conversations, but will look in texas first for one to make us some. I still think this is the way to go despite the recommendation from the clear lens fabricators for motorcycles (they have their own cottage industry too.) Their recommendation was to take a pair of tail lamps and make a mold of the whole rear piece. Then you just break out the whole thing and glue on the entire replacement piece. Sounds sexier for sure with all the color combination possibilities, but I think it would be much more cost prohibitive, tho to be honest, no ones thrown me a number.(WDYT?) Plus, they want a complete set of buckets to destroy in making the mold (tho I guess that's not too much to ask for) Next one at the breakers....grab a pair for the sacrificial lamb!

SOooooo chime in one time with a IN or OUT and I will collect the names. Don't pm me just yet as I don't have ANY more info than I just gave you. This is not on the other boards on purpose. I can't have pms and lists on multiple boards. Those from BF can work their way over here on their own, but please don't start clear lens threads everywhere and raise expectations on one pair of overseas lenses that I don't have in my hands.

If this is worthy of stickyness, fine with me.

geoff

and Panzer Captain, your days of being the only one in the US with them are officially numbered. we still haven't seen the new rig.

xx fingers

geoff file photo

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

good deal... any chance of also popping them in smoke?

If so I'd be interested... I need to get new lenses anyway. (Looks like one of the ignorant masses tapped mine with a shopping cart some time in the last couple of months... has an almost invisible crack in the red.

For the E32 someone makes them in Austria, here the instruction how to do
    http://www.7-forum.com/forum/24/ruec...uen-89829.html
    some pics
    http://www.7-forum.com/forum/5/2-gen...s-89425-2.html

Originally they were made by this company in Sweden, which are specialzed in that
    http://www.radicast.se/
    But they stopped it for the E32.
    Maybe you ask them if they can supply for E34

radicast used to make the e34 touring clears... and they don't make them anymore (been on hiatus for at least two years IIRC)

Quote Originally Posted by attack eagle
    good deal... any chance of also popping them in smoke?

If so I'd be interested... I need to get new lenses anyway. (Looks like one of the ignorant masses tapped mine with a shopping cart some time in the last couple of months... has an almost invisible crack in the red.
    You just smoke the inside of the lenses before you glue them in. Easy breazy. I put the smoke in my first pair and then wiped it out with a paper towel and what was left was perfect for me.

True... in the rear the reflector is red not amber so it wouldn;t be a problem...

Call me tentatively in dependent as always on pricing/ timing.

IE I'm in but i need to make sure I have the funds... and time to butter up the missus to gain approval.

THEY'RE IN

about $180 US plus shipping. It's too bad they don't have an English ordering form or paypal...but at least they're in :redspot