GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: e34 Reference pictures

Default e34 Reference pictures

One of the problems I have working on my e34 is that I often don't know what the car is supposed to look like.

If no one has done this, has anyone or can someone go through and do some high resolution pictures from different angles of the car to show what everything should look like so that they could be used for reference? Engine/Transmission from bottom and top would be especially helpful.

It would then be easy for anyone to go through and say, "Huh, that cable is supposed to be attached there." and, "I guess I'm missing a bracket there".

RealOem is useful in seeing how the parts go together and the Bentley book sometimes has helpful pictures and diagrams, but a reference set of actual photos I think would be valuable to everyone in the community.

What are you up to next weekend?

It would be handy, but most things are already out there, or can be had with a polite request.

Dave

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

My guess is you want them for a 540i correct?
    Conforti chip, K&N filter, Racing-dyn sways, EBC pad/rotor, SS brakelines, UUC DSSR, custom sound+alpine receiver, 17" PS2s, H&R/bilsports.
    "Speed is the product of doing everything right"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M
    What are you up to next weekend?

It would be handy, but most things are already out there, or can be had with a polite request.

Dave
    Yeah, well using my car as a reference would likely evoke questions such as; "Huh, my hose isn't threaded through 15 different points, is that the way it supposed to be?"(no).

The good thing about it would be that no one would again complain about how messed up their car is

Quote Originally Posted by healtoeit
    My guess is you want them for a 540i correct?
    Yes being a 540 owner I would definitely point to my variant of the e34 first, but I think it would be useful for all owners of the e28, e34, e39, etc.

I know I can trudge through the different forums and find various pictures to use as a reference, but I thought it'd be nice to have something akin to realoem where it shows you the car and you click on an area and it shows actual photos of the car at that spot. RealOem and the Bently manual are really good at showing you different subsystems broken out, but don't show you the big picture or details they don't consider important. Hosting this at a site like bmwe34.net would make it easily accessible to everyone.

Just a thought...

it might be difficult at this point in their lives to find a car that is still in completely stock condition...