GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OBC release lever is stuck

Default OBC release lever is stuck

It looks like the bulbs in the OBC need replacing because the display is only faintly visible when it's dark. I removed the radio easily enough but the release lever on the left side of the OBC will not budge. I'm afraid of pulling too hard in case I break it. I haven't tried to gain access to the right side because the trim is tightly fitted and it isn't intuitive how it comes off. Does anyone have any experience with this type of problem with the OBC? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CG

there is probably an easier way but you can get behind the obc by removing the top dashboard vent (2 screws) and pushing the center vent out. there are tabs on this that can be very awkward tho. http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37952

That happened to me also. I just sprayed the pivot point of the lever with WD40 and let it soaked for a few minutes and it came loose, just be ready to catch the OBC.

Quote Originally Posted by glen-sj
    That happened to me also. I just sprayed the pivot point of the lever with WD40 and let it soaked for a few minutes and it came loose, just be ready to catch the OBC.
    That worked like a charm. Many thanks for the tip.

CG

Default I'll walk you through it

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckGold
    It looks like the bulbs in the OBC need replacing because the display is only faintly visible when it's dark. I removed the radio easily enough but the release lever on the left side of the OBC will not budge. I'm afraid of pulling too hard in case I break it. I haven't tried to gain access to the right side because the trim is tightly fitted and it isn't intuitive how it comes off. Does anyone have any experience with this type of problem with the OBC? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CG
    you need to remove four screws on each corner of panel(easy). Give me a call, and I'll walk you through it 678-548-9431

Quote Originally Posted by nykid
    you need to remove four screws on each corner of panel(easy). Give me a call, and I'll walk you through it 678-548-9431
    Thanks for the offer but it's all fixed. A liitle lubricant freed up the OBC release lever and the OBC came right out. I replaced all the bulbs and everything is back and working perfectly.

CG