GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Help! What have I done!

Default Help! What have I done!

OBC retrofit went smoothly.. New indicator, not so smoothly. Now the obc displays "Prog 1 ----" and so does the check control display. What's gone wrong here???

Default I think it does that, looking for input...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in NZ
    OBC retrofit went smoothly.. New indicator, not so smoothly. Now the obc displays "Prog 1 ----" and so does the check control display. What's gone wrong here???
    On the sequence of displays you'd like to see. If, for instance, you want time, then date, then temp, then AVG MPG, then AVG SPD, then you'd hit them in that order using the OBC, so that it will cycle through them in that order when you depress the turn indicator stalk. I think it mentions it in the owner's manual somewhere.

Or, I could be way off base...anyone else wanna chime in?

Bill B.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Hmmm, it will display this if the button is held in right??? So I think the obc is seeing the button permanently pressed in. I'm guessing the switch is open for swtich=pressed, so there must be an open connection somewhere???

For the record, the obc worked fine before the new indicator went in. It displayed all the right things at the right times, it just didn't cycle on the cluster.

Default No, I think you need to set your presets in order for it to learn them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in NZ
    Hmmm, it will display this if the button is held in right??? So I think the obc is seeing the button permanently pressed in. I'm guessing the switch is open for swtich=pressed, so there must be an open connection somewhere???

For the record, the obc worked fine before the new indicator went in. It displayed all the right things at the right times, it just didn't cycle on the cluster.
    Once you select your sequence, and press S/R to set them, it may go off. Have you checked your manual?

Bill B.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Myeah, gave up. It's at the dealer now... Found a Yellow-red (or red-yellow?) wire on the indicator that wasn't on the car's wiring harness. Could ba a problem.