What a differance in the drive!

What a pain to do by yourself!

Rather than elaborate on the whole job I did discover the following about my 153,000 mile 525i...

1. You can pop off the thrust arm ball joint in seconds using the Pitman Arm puller found at Autozone. Best $14 ever spent on a tool...It literally pops the threaded side of the ball joint side of the thrust arm in just a few quick turns.

**Thank goodness Autozone is open on Sunday morning.

2. My old strut mounts were still very intact and in good shape and I wasted money on buying new ones.

3. Bilstein struts come with boot covers...don't waste $ buying new ones in advance.

4. Bump stops for the struts - had to carve off 1" from top and bottom to fit and I'm not so sure they're nessesary. - comments?

**Thank goodness Autozone / Sears is open Sunday afternoon.

5. Pain getting calipers off of rotors that have slight lip...add time not noted in Bentley...

6. Next time, if done solo, I'm going to remove the rotors to make the whole job "lighter" when re-installing. Hellacious pump in biceps when done lining up the 3 bolts with one hand and guiding the strut assemply with the other.

7. Make carefull note of what washer goes where when you remove the strut mount from the strut arm...washers just fall out leaving you to decipher pics that make all washers look the same when you are looking at 4 different types / sizes.

8. Thank goodness for air tools.

** Thank goodness Autozone is open on Sundays at 7pm.

9. Nicked up knuckles and brake cleaner don't mix.

10. Make sure your jack that went under the car when you started will come out when you're done...(I did lower my car afterall???)