GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: m20 runs erratically after nu head.full rev on starts withouth accelerator depression

Default m20 runs erratically after nu head.full rev on starts withouth accelerator depression

replaced cylinder head after timing belt skip... replaced punched thru piston
    all rings ...cleaned piston...honed cylinders...remanufactured head had crack in water jacker/ oil galley...got replacement. torqued to 22ft then two stages of 90 degrees in correct pattern. motor ran perfect with cracked head..but overheated. Now with new head ..motor will not stay running ..will rev to redline on startup for no reason...sputters..like it is missing,???
    fuel injection? o2? I'm and idiot?
    1500 dollars later im still in the dark here.. any help would be appreciated..

thanxxxxx,

James.. 90' five and a quarter. island green. M20 powerplant

Quote Originally Posted by jstew4u
    replaced cylinder head after timing belt skip... replaced punched thru piston
    all rings ...cleaned piston...honed cylinders...remanufactured head had crack in water jacker/ oil galley...got replacement. torqued to 22ft then two stages of 90 degrees in correct pattern. motor ran perfect with cracked head..but overheated. Now with new head ..motor will not stay running ..will rev to redline on startup for no reason...sputters..like it is missing,???
    fuel injection? o2? I'm and idiot?
    1500 dollars later im still in the dark here.. any help would be appreciated..

thanxxxxx,

James.. 90' five and a quarter. island green. M20 powerplant
    air supply vacuum leak or icv valve stuck open? don't really know but i had hunting idle and stalling problems and it was all air/ICV. that's not related to your recent repair tho.... no error (stomp) codes?

Default could be

probably cracked rotor or missing the big o ring for the shell after youve removed rotor.