GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 92 525 wont start

Default 92 525 wont start

Car ran fine, I stopped to pick up my son, car sat for about 10 minutes, get back in wont start. All other electrical componets work, stereo, lights etc. I jumped started the battery with no luck, checked all fuses that I could find, all good. Wondering if its the starter? The car makes no cranking noise what so ever, just turn the key and nothing. It was working fine until I got back in from picking up son, and all of the sudden, nothing, please help!

Howdy, your post is a little unclear to me. When you say that you jump started the battery, do you mean that you were then able to start the car? If so then you've probably got a battery problem. If you couldn't crank the engine even with a jump start then it may well be the starter.

However, I used to have a problem (on both my 540 and on my former 525) where the engine wouldn't crank if it was warm. It sounds like you might have the same issue. I sorted mine out by bypassing some of the electrics but I suspect that the real problem was one of the fusible links - I think that there are two (not just one) fusible links. If so, the problem one is hidden in-line in the +ve battery lead. I've posted on this before, a year or two ago, so you might want to search through my posts.