GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: EWS...Fun Fun Fun

Default EWS...Fun Fun Fun

EWS has struck again. So I locked my car and went in to chic-fil-a to grab a bite for lunch. After lunch the remote decided it would not unlock the car....S%!t. Next course of action you ask, unlock with the key of course. How about not. BMW coded the car to only unlock the car with the remote OR with the key so you can't use one if the other stops working. At this point the alarm is going of everytime the door is opened or you stick the key in the ignition.

At this point I am somewhat embarrased but mostly frustrated. Luckily chic-fil-a has wireless so I was able to hop on and come to my favorite place for all BMW problems. I actually found a few posts that I had hoped would help but I couldn't find the magic blue fuse a few of you had mentioned.

Now I start calling every dealership in town trying to find a tech that might be able to help me get the car running minus the alarm. No dice . So unfortunately I had to get the car towed to the local dealership, where I am writting this right now. Hopefully they can code EWS so that you can lock/unlock with both the key and the remote.

<Open Wallet>
    /Rant.

I wish I could have found a way to get the car running minus the alarm but I dont have that kind of luck.

-Patrick

Had that happen to me as well. I've got EWS II and couldn't figure out how to get it to start without using the remote to disarm the alarm. I spent over 2 hours pulling fuses and such and had no luck. I was finally able to get the damn remote to disarm it. And I've not used the alarm since. Will get a new key at some point when I've got a spare $190 to throw at it...
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

Unfortunately I ended up dropping $186 for the remote today. The tech said that the buttons in the remote were sticking which caused the key to disown the car in a bad way. The good news is that he was able to get the key to start the car and lock it by using the actual key but said that if I used the remote I'd end up in the same situation. Oh well, **** happens and you gotta be able to deal with it. Now at least I will have a remote that works consistently.

An interesting and confusing but of information. The towing company billed the dealership. So I go in and meet with the adviser and sign the paper saying I could be charged the $120 for diagnostics. Well, when they were done, the adviser said "I was good to go". Well I assume I still have to pay for them to look at my car so I head over to the counter to pay and get the "you're good to go" again. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I am just kind of surprised that they didn't charge me for the tow, diagnostics, and whatever else they did. Strange to me, but I suppose some things are best left alone

Lol, just wait for the bill in the letterbox?

Old car: 95 525i, OB/Silver, Eibachs, Style 66, Missed dearly!!
    VIN Decoder | Online ETK
    | E34 Bible

Yeah, that's probably what will happen lol.