GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Reset ASC light?

The ASC light will stick on for a few reasons - if it's throwing a specific code for the throttle body actuator - it may well be the little sensor on the other side of the throttle body that's toast.

Grab a multimeter and check it out

The ASC light resets itself the next start it detects there's nothing wrong with the system.

Test item 10 with a multimeter:

Pull off the trunking (part 3) peer inside the manifold and get someone to switch on the ignition - you should see the butterfly valve move to a mainly closed position and return to fully open fairly rapidly.

Hope this helps!

Default Reset ASC light?

Hi,
    I replaced my throttle body actuator with new one from BMA but light remains on. I had the codes read and shop claimed I needed a new throttle body actuator replaced with new one but light remains. Have probably started x40 times and disconnected battery to no avail....any ideas.

Regards,
    kuly

Default Thanks Ferret..will do!

Thanks!

QUOTE=Ferret]The ASC light will stick on for a few reasons - if it's throwing a specific code for the throttle body actuator - it may well be the little sensor on the other side of the throttle body that's toast.

Grab a multimeter and check it out

The ASC light resets itself the next start it detects there's nothing wrong with the system.

Test item 10 with a multimeter:

Pull off the trunking (part 3) peer inside the manifold and get someone to switch on the ignition - you should see the butterfly valve move to a mainly closed position and return to fully open fairly rapidly.

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by kuly
    Hi,
    I replaced my throttle body actuator with new one from BMA but light remains on. I had the codes read and shop claimed I needed a new throttle body actuator replaced with new one but light remains. Have probably started x40 times and disconnected battery to no avail....any ideas.

Regards,
    kuly

Just repaced throttle switch and damn ASC / traction light is still on now what?

Have you checked to see if #16 has power?

Just throwing this out there, but is there a way the TPS's got switched. It will trigger the light & keep it on. Ask me how I know.
    May the Schwarz be with you...

Default original never been switched

Quote Originally Posted by saluki540i
    Just throwing this out there, but is there a way the TPS's got switched. It will trigger the light & keep it on. Ask me how I know.

have not checked on power to actuator may have to take to dealer who is out of town to have light reset.

Regards,
    kuly