GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need Differential Soon!! REAL SOON!!

Default Need Differential Soon!! REAL SOON!!

My mechanic has just told me my differential ('89 535i, 5-spd) fluid looks like whipped cream or jiffy! Thats not good! Oh, and there were some little metal shavings in the fluid! Not good at all! Where can I find a differetial without paying "an arm and a leg"? I know they cost $1200 to $2200 new! Also should I look for a good used stock or LSD? Can anybody (Bruno?) tell me where to start looking? and what I should look for? Much appreciated from Texas my E34 friends!

Sorry your leaving the E34 world Bruno but at least you're keeping it in the BMW family!

THANKS!

RCP

RobPatt Guest

Don Gale on the board was selling a 4.27LSD recently, he may still have it.....
    http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_2.htm

good luck. Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    My mechanic has just told me my differential ('89 535i, 5-spd) fluid looks like whipped cream or jiffy! Thats not good! Oh, and there were some little metal shavings in the fluid! Not good at all! Where can I find a differetial without paying "an arm and a leg"? I know they cost $1200 to $2200 new! Also should I look for a good used stock or LSD? Can anybody (Bruno?) tell me where to start looking? and what I should look for? Much appreciated from Texas my E34 friends!

Sorry your leaving the E34 world Bruno but at least you're keeping it in the BMW family!

THANKS!

RCP

that's from when his car had an automatic transmission, a dif that steep would probably make the motor spin waaay too much on the gentleman's car. if you can't find anything on this board, suggest trying http://car-part.com.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPatt
    Don Gale on the board was selling a 4.27LSD recently, he may still have it.....
    http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_2.htm

good luck. Rob.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Try this guy

Jim Bledsoe email: autobahnjim@yahoo.com
    He might have a 3.64LSD from a 750iL
    Chip
    '92 535i 5sp
    EAT chip, Sachs kit, RRT sport control and upper thrust arms, SS brakelines, Camber plates, Subframe inserts, 3.64 Diff, M5 (3.6L) calipers.
    '87 325iS

Default I have a 3.46 LS

Excellent condition from my '90 535. Let me know if interested.
    Dave Rutkowski
    '08 M3 6sp
    '90 535i 5sp
    '81 635CSi dogleg (track car)

Ebay sometimes has them also, search for BMW differential
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I've got a 4.10 a 3.23 and a 3.07 (all 6 cyl/ 530i diffs- will not fit M5 or 540i). All diffs are in good shape, but are "open"- i.e.- not limited slip. Price is $200 each + ship. Located in NC.

Thanks!
    Bret.

RobPatt Guest

Default thanks for the follow up....

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    that's from when his car had an automatic transmission, a dif that steep would probably make the motor spin waaay too much on the gentleman's car. if you can't find anything on this board, suggest trying http://car-part.com.

RobPatt Guest

Default meant to say... thanks for the follow up.

as to whether that's an appropriate diff for him or not... I merely knew that there was one for sale... :-) these Floridays are getting HOT lately.