GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Sway Bar Options

Default Sway Bar Options

I want to upgrade the sway bars on my 1995 525i Touring. I did a little site search and didn't find much, but it sounds like M5 sway bars are a good option. 25mm front, and 20 mm rear from the M5 Touring. (Anyone know stock sizes?) Haven't priced them yet. (Best source? BMA?)

Casn anyone make any better recommendations from a cost or performance standpoint? Looking for better roll control and faster weight transfer. May possibly be used along with slightly stiffer and lower springs. It's a daily driver, but I'm an autocrosser, so my tolerance is pretty high for stiff suspensions.
    Pat Washburn
    Wausau, WI
    1995 525iT

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn
    I want to upgrade the sway bars on my 1995 525i Touring. I did a little site search and didn't find much, but it sounds like M5 sway bars are a good option. 25mm front, and 20 mm rear from the M5 Touring. (Anyone know stock sizes?) Haven't priced them yet. (Best source? BMA?)

Casn anyone make any better recommendations from a cost or performance standpoint? Looking for better roll control and faster weight transfer. May possibly be used along with slightly stiffer and lower springs. It's a daily driver, but I'm an autocrosser, so my tolerance is pretty high for stiff suspensions.
    The rear sway m5 is the biggest you can get. The front of this kit is the biggest available.

http://www.racdyn-usa.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=e34

Can be found for cheaper at

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html..._ID=1968134xxx

I have these and love them. Makes the ride around corners alot nicer. Really levels out the car in corners over stock. Now, their is the eibach kit but i would go with the one above, bigger and greater sway reduction, plus you can adjust the Racing dynamic ones. Really helps to play with the adjustments for street/track driving.
    Last edited by healtoeit; 04-15-2008 at 09:36 AM.
    Conforti chip, K&N filter, Racing-dyn sways, EBC pad/rotor, SS brakelines, UUC DSSR, custom sound+alpine receiver, 17" PS2s, H&R/bilsports.
    "Speed is the product of doing everything right"

yes, yes and yes. you have everything covered. The whiteline 22mm is the largest rear swaybar for an/any e34. not the m5 touring item like healtoeit suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    The whiteline 22mm is the largest rear swaybar for an/any e34. not the m5 touring item like healtoeit suggests.
    I stand corrected! Any idea if those are adjustable? And where can you find them?

Thankx
    Conforti chip, K&N filter, Racing-dyn sways, EBC pad/rotor, SS brakelines, UUC DSSR, custom sound+alpine receiver, 17" PS2s, H&R/bilsports.

yes, they (whiteline) sell a 27mm and a 22mm rear, both adjustable in two positions. about aud$550 for both including urethane bushes.

whiteline.com.au
    Last edited by BigKriss; 04-15-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    yes, they (whiteline) sell a 27mm and a 22mm rear, both adjustable in two positions. about aud$550 for both including urethane bushes.

whiteline.com.au
    Thankx a bunch!