GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW for SAlE

Unregistered Guest

Default BMW for SAlE

I have BMW 525I 92 had problems with idle,i change fuel pump,pressure rgulator,air bypass valve all the vacum hoses also the injectors,intake gasket ,boot,mass airflow,thermostat(no change) then i change the coils and the problem was solved but now i have chk. engine light on and off when i first start the car in the morning i don't know what to do i think it is oxygen sensor anyway i'm interested to sale or trade the car for manual transmission BMW also i changed the engine head and the car has new paint job /runs great interior is excellend/stas_rus@hotmail.com

Default My goodness, your syntax, grammar and punctuation are horrible man!

I couldn't tell if I was reading a really bad run-on sentence, or whether there wasn't any punctuation used.

By the time I went back re-read it, I already had a headache.

Terrible. F.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I have BMW 525I 92 had problems with idle,i change fuel pump,pressure rgulator,air bypass valve all the vacum hoses also the injectors,intake gasket ,boot,mass airflow,thermostat(no change) then i change the coils and the problem was solved but now i have chk. engine light on and off when i first start the car in the morning i don't know what to do i think it is oxygen sensor anyway i'm interested to sale or trade the car for manual transmission BMW also i changed the engine head and the car has new paint job /runs great interior is excellend/stas_rus@hotmail.com

WhatareyoutryingtosayTim?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default ImnotsurenowthatyoumentionitJeff!:)

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    WhatareyoutryingtosayTim?

Unregistered...run a DME code/stomp test to determine the root cause of your check engine light. You made a lot of positive changes. And Tim if you can't tell the difference, then I suggest it is you who needs a lesson in grammar. Did it occur to you this may not be his native language and he came for advice and not criticism? Also, it ALWAYS follows that those who cast aspersion are clueless when it comes to providing advice....why they criticize, to compensate for their deficit.
    George

George, are you not criticizing Tim, who in turn criticized the OP?

Default Yes I am Rick and doing so deliberately...

to telegraph a message. And two wrongs don't make a right. I just wanted to let Tim know that posts on this board should not be critized for syntax as it is an international board and many times grammar is imperfect and is nebulous to the point of seeking information. He knows now.
    George

I know, I was giving you a bit of lip on this fine Monday morning.

Reminds me of a card I saw one day. A mother hen told her chick "Don't you dare give me any lip!". The chick looked at her and said "What's lip?"

Stas: If you can post pictures or details...color, options, etc along with where you're located you'll get a few more nibbles.

Default I agree, George, but only to a point. Every language I know of

uses some punctuation and paragraph breaks. Anybody that can formulate a sentence in English would know how to use *some*, even if not always properly.

This style of posting seems to be more and more common and I really don't know why. Perhaps it is deemed to be "cool" by our younger generation. I do know that it is very hard to read and determine *exactly* what is being said. Sure the gist is there, but that is often not enough to give a sure answer. There is a new poster on Roadflea that posts long rambling posts with nary a single period or comma and no paragraph breaks. He is not from the U.S. but I will not let that excuse him. He is from New Zealand and they do speak a form of English there. My wife spent a year there and said she was able to understand most of what they said. :-) It simply seems to be more common. Perhaps it is easier to type when you can ignore those extra keys.

Anyway, I don't like it and if I get into a discourse with somebody doing this I will, gently, ask if they would please use some punctuation. If they choose not to, then I do not read any more of their posts as they do give me a headache, as Tim said.

Dick Schneiders

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    to telegraph a message. And two wrongs don't make a right. I just wanted to let Tim know that posts on this board should not be critized for syntax as it is an international board and many times grammar is imperfect and is nebulous to the point of seeking information. He knows now.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Schneiders
    He is from New Zealand and they do speak a form of English there.
    Maybe his sheep was typing it for him?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast