GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Try Again, '94 Orient Blue 525i Touring for sale in IL

Default Try Again, '94 Orient Blue 525i Touring for sale in IL

I still have too many projects, and this one should go to a good home. The guy that I've talked to about doing the body has been dragging his feet. It's a 1994 525i Touring, Orient Blue with a parchment interior, 15" 750 wheels, 107k miles, from California with no rust. Originally sold by Vasek Polak BMW. I drove it back, it runs fine and still does. The bad; it was rear ended before I bought it, and needs the rear body worked on. It has an Illinois rebuilt title in my name. I have most of the major replacement parts, including the bumper and hatch, but don't have a rear window. I'm asking $1750, but am listening to offers...will not part out . The car is located in my driveway in Naperville, IL. email me for pics and more info.

Thanks,

vince
    vstrazzabosco@yahoo.com

The question is have you ever owned a BMW that wasn't an ongoing project?

While I applaud your spirit, I figured by now you're old enough to know better!

I know I am!

Default Projects

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA1
    The question is have you ever owned a BMW that wasn't an ongoing project?

While I applaud your spirit, I figured by now you're old enough to know better!

I know I am!
    There have been a few that weren't projects, and those I didn't like enough to keep very long. Then there were some that could have been projects, but I didn't spend much time on them.

I'm surprised more people aren't interested in a clean, rust free, low mileage car that needs some work. With the exception of the rear end, it's nicer than many of the cars that attend the E34 meets, and it hasn't been cleaned or detailed.

vince

Vince, I suppose it all boils down to money. While I can't see what's necessary, body-wise, on your car, I can apply the following generalities to explain the current lack of interest. 1). It's tax time and many are paying, not getting a refund. 2). The economy sucks.

Specific to E34 sales: Most 100k E34s are worth in the $4000-range or less these days, unless they're something special. Among enthusiasts (this list and others) a manual transmission will bring a premium. Nearly everyone believes the GM automatics are pretty much toast soon after 100,000 miles and all wagons in the USA are automatics. Figure, best case, your wagon is worth $4,500 in great shape, then do the math for the repair and figure the hit for it being salvaged and repaired. That's the hill you're climbing. Then, too, we don't know if it has ASC but assume not since it's a '94 from California. I wouldn't own an E34 without it. When I sold them new, I never ordered one without it. The easiest $1000 accessory to sell.

E34 values in general will suffer more each year since they're just four-doors. Unique/special models will remain more valuable but, just like the E28s, if there's nothing special about it, its depreciating. Today you can even buy E34 M5s for chump change and mostly because the E39 cars are getting so cheap. I've seen very nice E39 M5s with low miles for sale in the mid-twenties. A sport-package E39 528i sedan or wagon is a great buy these days.

Don't get me wrong: I'd much rather have a nice E34 than an E39 with OBD-II and a leaking rack-and-pinion but, eventually, even the E34 will get old and most likely it won't find a place in my driveway like the venerable E28 535is which now sees only occasional use.

I hope you find a buyer who can justify your car. I'm not saying it's a bad deal, just answering your surprise in the current lack of interest. Your best bet may be to fix it and then sell it. Many buyers in this price-range don't share your imagination.
    Last edited by BMWCCA1; 04-09-2008 at 01:53 AM.

it may take imagination,and you may save money but there would be a large number of people(yes even e 34 enthusiasts) who have absolutely no interest in such a project...(not to mention the space,time or tools)
    Gone but not forgotten

I would love to buy this.. however I think I have the same issue a lot of other people have... a lack of project space or money for another project.
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

It looks better in pictures than it sounded in your description! Consider this a bump: http://ebayitem.com/300216176671

Hey, I like those E32 750iL wheels. Very strong and light, and they always look better on a different model. I had 'em on an E12.

Now on ebay...#300216176671 Offers welcome!

gee, thanks! It was a really nice car, and still is. Only 107k, no rust...

Stop tempting me.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast