GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Suggestions for new floor mats

BavAuto black rubber mats... custom-fitted and highly recommended.
    _

Default Suggestions for new floor mats

After five years it has come time to change the ratty front rubber floor mats I now have. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking for black preferably and some that are made for the 535i so that I do not have to cut and alter them too much. The ones I have now I have had to cut to suit and it shows. Price is not an object to a point. I do not see the need to stick $100.00 plus mats in this car.

BavAuto black rubber mats are a perfect fit. I use them in the winter. Now I need to replace my carpet mats as they are 12 plus years old.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Why not get the BMW ones? I think they're about $50 for a front set for E34's. No cutting required...
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

If you do want OEM BMW mats, look up the part number at realoem.com. I found out that mileone.com has a great parts page and offers BMW parts at quite a lower price. Realoem claims $140 for four, and Mileone offers them at $103 for all four.

If you want to stay rubber, go for the Bavauto ones.

Oh yeah, and i've been lurking around, this being my first post.

they are NLA for RHD cars....
    Gone but not forgotten

I bought a set of BMW floor mats last July for $90 here,
    http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat....cfm?siteid=26

The weakening dollar and inflation may have increased it. Still you can't beat the original. It snaps in perfectly with the buttons on the floor.
    '01 540it, 6/01
    '03 325i 5 speed, 9/02
    '10 535ix. 9/09
    '10 mini 6 speed
    '15 mini countryman 6 speed

Strongly ageed.
    They will attatch to the factory clips so won't slide around dangerously and actually cover the entire footwell.
    Bav auto also sells mats that fit properly, you have them customized with nearly anything but a BMW logo.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

If looking for rubber floor mats, Weathertech is great and perfect fit. I have them on all my cars.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...?ItemGroupId=3

Quote Originally Posted by Black 535i
    After five years it has come time to change the ratty front rubber floor mats I now have. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking for black preferably and some that are made for the 535i so that I do not have to cut and alter them too much. The ones I have now I have had to cut to suit and it shows. Price is not an object to a point. I do not see the need to stick $100.00 plus mats in this car.
    RICK
    BMW 1995 525i (Alpine White)

Quote Originally Posted by Black 535i
    So I pulled out my BMW accessories catalog and the part # for front rubber mats is 51479400882 and it shows fitment as being for all E34's except the ix's.

Take that part number over to www.mileoneparts.com and it shows that they sell the front rubber mat set for $70.80. And list price for it is listed at $88.50.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build