GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clear corner rears!

Default Clear corner rears!

Before:

After:

Car was up in the air trying to get the old exhaust off - failed miserably and am going to have to resort to buying an angle grinder to get the old nuts off! *sigh*

Looks much better imho!

Mucho Bettero
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    Was going to suggest you tried a blow lamp but in that confined space its a bit risky. For that matter so is an angle grinder!!! You better have a fire watch standing by. Are the flashers any brighter or do you just like the clear look? And how do you get to post good pics when all I can manage is crappy ones from my mobile cos the site wont let me post bigger files?

Open up an account with http://www.photobucket.com ... upload your photos to there mate and then they give you an IMG Code option to each file you upload... cut and paste that link complete with the IMG tags and the site will just display the images for you

If you take your time with photobucket it's very easy to use... very intuitive mechanisms and lots of help on tap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret
    Car was up in the air trying to get the old exhaust off - failed miserably and am going to have to resort to buying an angle grinder to get the old nuts off! *sigh*

Looks much better imho!
    Was going to suggest you tried a blow lamp but in that confined space its a bit risky. For that matter so is an angle grinder!!! You better have a fire watch standing by. Are the flashers any brighter or do you just like the clear look? And how do you get to post good pics when all I can manage is crappy ones from my mobile cos the site wont let me post bigger files?

i think they look pretty good, congrats man.

i am looking for all red rears for my red car, anyone know if they exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M
    Clears do look good on that color.

As for the exhaust, if its the two copper colored nuts/hangers on either side of rear muffler, you'll get much better access with the bumper off (5 minute job). The hangers are cheap from the dealer. Well, at least they are in NA. I mailed something from a dealer here to Sean (on this board) in the UK as e was quoted an astronomical price for a check valve. I digress............

Dave
    Cheers for the advice Dave!

The problem I'm having is splitting the exhaust in the centre... call me a masochist but I'm trying to remove it cat back only, so I dont have to savage the manifold to downpipe nuts/bolts!

While I was under there I replaced both centre hangers and their associated rubber donuts - they'd both disintegrated which has caused the exhaust breakup.

Having replaced them, the final annoying 'on load' rattle has now disappeared, but I'm still getting an annoying blat-blat-blat exhaust leak noise from the centre box!

Basically I'm going to have to saw through part 7, the 8mm bolts!

I should then be able to get the new rear-half exhaust on without too much of a fight, call me silly but I'm going to get the replacement bolts direct from the dealer so they should be good quality steel!

As to the light brands, they're hella copies, but very good quality ones - scavenged them off a breaking 535i while I was out picking up my new exhaust sections. The bulb carriers were all burned to ****, but the hella carriers just swap right in! Need to get some silvertech bulbs to get rid of the fried egg effect, but I think they already look much better!

Cheers guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret
    Open up an account with http://www.photobucket.com ... upload your photos to there mate and then they give you an IMG Code option to each file you upload... cut and paste that link complete with the IMG tags and the site will just display the images for you

If you take your time with photobucket it's very easy to use... very intuitive mechanisms and lots of help on tap!
    You are a gentleman. Now if I can work out how your answer ended up above my question I will be a wise man indeed Thanks again

What brand, how much & where to get them?

Thanks,

Mark

Clears do look good on that color.

As for the exhaust, if its the two copper colored nuts/hangers on either side of rear muffler, you'll get much better access with the bumper off (5 minute job). The hangers are cheap from the dealer. Well, at least they are in NA. I mailed something from a dealer here to Sean (on this board) in the UK as e was quoted an astronomical price for a check valve. I digress............

Dave
    Last edited by Dave M; 04-05-2008 at 04:51 PM.

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Quote Originally Posted by Milkboot
    Your car, she hovers!

*wurrrrrrrrrrrrrr*
    Grounded by snow on the runway this mornin' capn'!

Sod that, carpark donuts for the win!
    (Before anyone screams, I'm about to do the rear bushings anyway )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast