GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re-sprayed Wheels to match paint job...almost done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPopTart
    I'm confident you're thinking of something else, but could you explain? Even in popular magazines, I have never seen a picture that did flake justice. Obviously, you can tell something has flake, but it just doesn't look the same as you standing there, seeing the flake in the sun. Although, I couldn't really explain why; perhaps the hue is different with the naked eye.
    I've seen people using multiple lighting sources and uv lamps (which I don't know why) to capture the depth of metal flake pictures. I didn't say you could take a perfect picture, a 2d image will never justify a 3d metallic flake appearance; however, you CAN take images that show the flakes in all their glory. i.e. the different hues and sparkles the paint creates.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPopTart
    I'm confident you're thinking of something else, but could you explain? Even in popular magazines, I have never seen a picture that did flake justice. Obviously, you can tell something has flake, but it just doesn't look the same as you standing there, seeing the flake in the sun. Although, I couldn't really explain why; perhaps the hue is different with the naked eye.
    Almost all the pictures I post are taken with my Sony Ericsson W810i 2.0MP Camera Phone.

The only pictures I've taken with a different camera are the ones when it was fresh out of the paint and it was a 5.1MP Kodak and it still didn't do it justice.

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    I hate to sound mean but I don't think a Canon 1Ds Mk2 would make this paint look good
    Your not sounding mean, it's just that there's no camera good enough for my car

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12