GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Fuel Pressure Regulator...

Default Fuel Pressure Regulator...

Should it make noise? I've had a clicky noise for a little while, and pinpointed it to the fuel pressure regulator... When I had the screwdriver on it and next to my ear it sounded significant. Its a fast paced click and I was wondering if it shold make an 'audiable' noise or not? No real 'symptoms' while driving except when its cold it can judder a little when you take your foot of the gas (rare and not after 30seconds of starting), and this morning I fired it up and went to take of almost straight away and when I put my foot down it waited and then lurched forward... This is only the second time its done this since I've had it though - maybe related I don't know.

I've searched through a lot of threads but none mention it making a noise, and I don't remember it being audiable when standing over the engine bay with the bonnet up...

Not urgently concerned but if the FPR is on its way out I want to change it... Doesn't look hard/expensive really (says me who took a week to change a subframe bush ) .
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport
    Should it make noise? I've had a clicky noise for a little while, and pinpointed it to the fuel pressure regulator... When I had the screwdriver on it and next to my ear it sounded significant. Its a fast paced click and I was wondering if it shold make an 'audiable' noise or not? No real 'symptoms' while driving except when its cold it can judder a little when you take your foot of the gas (rare and not after 30seconds of starting), and this morning I fired it up and went to take of almost straight away and when I put my foot down it waited and then lurched forward... This is only the second time its done this since I've had it though - maybe related I don't know.

I've searched through a lot of threads but none mention it making a noise, and I don't remember it being audiable when standing over the engine bay with the bonnet up...

Not urgently concerned but if the FPR is on its way out I want to change it... Doesn't look hard/expensive really (says me who took a week to change a subframe bush ) .
    Dont think the surge and the FPR are related. I havent noticed any noise from mine but if you can hear it over the rest of the engine it may be worth a look. If you havent got a pressure gauge and you are in a hurry to test it let me know

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    Dont think the surge and the FPR are related. I havent noticed any noise from mine but if you can hear it over the rest of the engine it may be worth a look. If you havent got a pressure gauge and you are in a hurry to test it let me know
    Hey thanks I might take you up on that Whisky (no e)... Its funny because I'll be down your way at the start of May as I'm taking some pupils to Oldham for the UK Chess Challenge!

I noticed in some previous threads you had issues with yours and you changed it if I remember correctly? How much was the one you got and would you agree its a fairly easy DIY job?
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

Default Fpr

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport
    Hey thanks I might take you up on that Whisky (no e)... Its funny because I'll be down your way at the start of May as I'm taking some pupils to Oldham for the UK Chess Challenge!

I noticed in some previous threads you had issues with yours and you changed it if I remember correctly? How much was the one you got and would you agree its a fairly easy DIY job?
    I didnt change mine in the end because the fuel pressure was fine. I dont think its a difficult job at all though. Amazed we are hosting anything like that