GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Heater Valve fix - gushes coolant

Default Heater Valve fix - gushes coolant

hello all,
    This may be normal in which case forget it.

I did the heater valve trick (tapping) yesterday. As per Bruno's instructions on his website, i first loosened the 6 torx screws. I clearly heard it clicking as the knob was adjusted by the wife. The possible problem= with each click, coolant gushed out from under the body of the valve above hoses. To me this makes sense (after all, i loosened the screws keeping the two parts together!)...but no mention of loosing coolant doing this trick was ever made so im worried something is up.

1.Anyone care to chime in on if that was normal?

2. Also, the wife told me right away that she felt heat after doing the trick, but now it feels like the air flow is weaker than ever. Is there somethign in there I may have screwed up to effect that?

Thanks
    Last edited by BadAss95-530i; 04-02-2008 at 03:06 AM.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick a$$....and Im all outta bubblegum..." - Rowdy Roddy Piper

I have never heard to disassemble the heater valves partly and then run the engine. Of course then water/coolant could come out.

Airflow has no influence on heater valves, airflow comes from the blower fan speed and that has a separate control.

Thanks. Yeah im an adiot. Looks like i mis-interpreted the order of the directions about loosening those parts as i just had the engine on the whole time. But def good to know i didnt screw it up further...so far.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick a$$....and Im all outta bubblegum..." - Rowdy Roddy Piper