GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Locked Doors

Default Locked Doors

my doors wont work on my 91' 525i, all are deadlocked and the only way in is using the trick by holding the handle up while turing the passenger side door.

thus now in order to drive it i must crawl across the front seats, very difficult!

ive checked fuses under the hood and everything seemed fine, i even tried syncing the doors like some talk about, my battery is new so power problems shouldnt be an issue....im willing to try anything at this point.

finally i disconnected the battery and when i reconnected it something must have reset because the doors opened up...only problem was that i could never lock them in fear of a repeat problem

well leave it to me to not pay attention and when walking out to my car stick the key in and thinking i was unlocking the usually locked doors i mistakenly locked them....deadlocked out again believe it or not

so i crawl across the seats and get home then try my battery trick again, well this time no luck...the odd thing is when i disconnect the battery i have one try...it seems the first turn i can hear the doors trying to work but any try after that there is no noise or signs that anything is happening. is there anything else i can do or try in order to get these doors open?!!

im ok with leave the car open at this point and just turning on the alarm, my friends laugh and tell me i should leave my keys in the car too...whoever takes it would be doing me a favor...please help!!!

Could be a broken wire problem, in many cases in the door of the driver, A-pillar to door, check that.
    Maybe sometimes it has contact, sometimes not.