GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 540i M Sport?

Default 540i M Sport?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/606641106.html

Can't purchase but whatta think?

PS I love my new throwing starts but I got sum ****y jizz stains on them that we coudlent take off with metal polish and a mothers mini power ball on a corded drill...I'ma have all 4 wheels completely redone. They got balanced but they act sligthyl funky and pull to one side, proably because the shitty Kuhmos according to my BMW mechanic. I'm thinking about Michilen Pilot Sport PS2's put on at Costco, I used to work there and I know the guys and can instruct them on proper stuff so my wheels arnt ruined. Any opinions? Thanks!
    Last edited by BFEINZIMER; 03-25-2008 at 01:54 AM.

Don't think thats an M-sport, just a 540i/6. Still a fairly rare car but the description is a little sketchy. 400hp and 400 lb-fit of torque? Only upgrade seems to be a chip and exhaust... That would be a low price for something in mint showroom condition, but ya never know...

Theres a real M-sport for sale in the DC area, http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...617520217.html.
    $12000 sounds more like M-sport pricing to me, might go have a peek at that one.

Nope, not an M-Sport. Just a regular old 540i/6. Only way I can really tell in the pics is by looking at the rear bumper.

Oh, and PS2's on the T-Stars is the way to go. Have Costco mounted PS2's on my T-Stars (that are on my M-Sport) and love them. Keep debating if I should go to PS A/S on the next set, or stick with the PS2's. Love the PS2's, but the A/S should last nearly twice as long.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

Quote Originally Posted by bubba966
    Nope, not an M-Sport. Just a regular old 540i/6. Only way I can really tell in the pics is by looking at the rear bumper.

Oh, and PS2's on the T-Stars is the way to go. Have Costco mounted PS2's on my T-Stars (that are on my M-Sport) and love them. Keep debating if I should go to PS A/S on the next set, or stick with the PS2's. Love the PS2's, but the A/S should last nearly twice as long.
    Whats notable about the ps2vs the a/s. costco is great huh?

Yea, reagular 540. Still not too bad a price if everything check outs esp for a 6 speed. But whats with the replacing of body panels plus headlights?

Last time we got tires at costco it took forever. My mom's E320 has the sport package so it has wheels from the E430. They only can search by car so I spend 25 minutes explaining that it is a 320 and not a 430 so it has a V6, plus its for my mom so we did not want the higher speed ratings, load bearings and everything that the V8 car is required to get.

They finally agree to sell me what I wanted after going out and seeing the stock numbers on the original tires and then they proceed to take 4 hours to figure out how to mount the tires. Plus we not have green valve stem caps.

Quote Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER
    Whats notable about the ps2vs the a/s. costco is great huh?
    The PS2's are about a 25k mile tire, while the Pilot Sport A/S is about a 45k mile tire. The PS2's handle water a lot better than I would've expected them to. So I'm not sure if I need the better deep water handling of the A/S. And we don't get enough snow around here for it to make that big of an impact on the PS2 or A/S choice. Should just go with the A/S due to the cost per mile being a lot better. But I really, really love how the PS2's grab & drive.

PS2's are awesome on T-Stars on an E34. The M5board.com guys also feel the same way. Not all tires deal well with the weight of an E34, but the PS2's do.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC
    Last time we got tires at costco it took forever. My mom's E320 has the sport package so it has wheels from the E430. They only can search by car so I spend 25 minutes explaining that it is a 320 and not a 430 so it has a V6, plus its for my mom so we did not want the higher speed ratings, load bearings and everything that the V8 car is required to get.

They finally agree to sell me what I wanted after going out and seeing the stock numbers on the original tires and then they proceed to take 4 hours to figure out how to mount the tires. Plus we not have green valve stem caps.
    Yeah, they don't have all of the different variations of models in their computer. So you just tell them you want a tire in whatever size you have.

They don't have my M-Sport listed in the computer, so I just tell them I need 235/45/17's and that's that. They've got torque specs for the 540, and I tell them what tire pressures I want front/rear.

No problems.

And the green valve stem caps are to signify that you've got Nitrogen in the tires instead of compressed air. They do have black caps that you can ask them to install. Or you can just take your caps off before they install tires, chuck the green ones after they're done, and put your black ones back on.

Anyways, I've been most pleased with Costco tire shops around Seattle, and been most pleased with their switch over to Nitrogen filling as it's greatly improved the life of the tires I've had installed on a bunch of different vehicles over the last couple of years.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build