GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-amber corner lenses?

Default Non-amber corner lenses?

Every e34 I see with smoked corner lenses has aftermarket headlights. Are smoked corner lenses available separate? As much as I'd like smoked smileys, my e34 is my dd and my e30 and 240z come first, I can't go spending $400 on smoked smileys for my e34 when my e30 doesn't even have them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPopTart
    Too much useless information in your post; it's making it hard to understand what you want. I guess you want clear, but smoked corner lenses for your E34?

what are you talking about? there is no useless information in his post. he very clearly asked if he could buy smoked clear corners without also having to buy smoked headlights, ie in a bundle. The answer is yes, they are available separately , either from ebay vendors, or companies like Abraham Motorsport.

Too much useless information in your post; it's making it hard to understand what you want. I guess you want clear, but smoked corner lenses for your E34?

don't expect quality tho - my plastic clear corners are all yellowed and nasty after less than a year

i made the title clear, so you knew what it was about. then, i put a description, where one can get more in depth. I mean i guess if there was no title i could see where you're coming from, but it says "non amber corner lenses for an e34?"

which is exactly what I want. i want to know what my options are, for corner lenses, in colors besides amber

Quote Originally Posted by Coldaccord
    Every e34 I see with smoked corner lenses has aftermarket headlights. Are smoked corner lenses available separate? As much as I'd like smoked smileys, my e34 is my dd and my e30 and 240z come first, I can't go spending $400 on smoked smileys for my e34 when my e30 doesn't even have them yet.
    Your best and cheapest bet is ebay, your looking at about $40 shipped depending where you live and they come in a variety of style's.

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

I was confused by his post:

Every e34 I see with smoked corner lenses has aftermarket headlights.

So... what, the OP has trouble finding a set of aftermarket headlights that doesn't come with smoked corner lenses?

Are smoked corner lenses available separate?

Maybe he wants not simply non-amber corner lenses, but smoked non-amber corner lenses.

As much as I'd like smoked smileys,

Oh, is it that he wants smoked smileys and not smoked corner lenses so long as the corners are not amber? What's going on here?

my e34 is my dd and my e30 and 240z come first, I can't go spending $400 on smoked smileys for my e34 when my e30 doesn't even have them yet.

Stuff that doesn't help me figure out this post. Do you see where I'm coming from, now?

no. i had no trouble understanding his post instantly and exactly as it was written.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_manners_god
    Technically, your options are endless with paint. If you want the cheapest solution, take 800 grit sand paper and sand the corner lenses till they're rough and smoke them to however dark you want, however they're still might be a tint of amber.

why would you do that when replacement lenses are so cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldaccord
    i made the title clear, so you knew what it was about. then, i put a description, where one can get more in depth. I mean i guess if there was no title i could see where you're coming from, but it says "non amber corner lenses for an e34?"

which is exactly what I want. i want to know what my options are, for corner lenses, in colors besides amber
    Technically, your options are endless with paint. If you want the cheapest solution, take 800 grit sand paper and sand the corner lenses till they're rough and smoke them to however dark you want, however they're still might be a tint of amber.

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    what are you talking about? there is no useless information in his post. he very clearly asked if he could buy smoked clear corners without also having to buy smoked headlights, ie in a bundle. The answer is yes, they are available separately , either from ebay vendors, or companies like Abraham Motorsport.
    I was confused by his post:

Every e34 I see with smoked corner lenses has aftermarket headlights.

So... what, the OP has trouble finding a set of aftermarket headlights that doesn't come with smoked corner lenses?

Are smoked corner lenses available separate?

Maybe he wants not simply non-amber corner lenses, but smoked non-amber corner lenses.

As much as I'd like smoked smileys,

Oh, is it that he wants smoked smileys and not smoked corner lenses so long as the corners are not amber? What's going on here?

my e34 is my dd and my e30 and 240z come first, I can't go spending $400 on smoked smileys for my e34 when my e30 doesn't even have them yet.

Stuff that doesn't help me figure out this post. Do you see where I'm coming from, now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast