GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: signatures getting too big

Default signatures getting too big

Maybe if avatars were enabled it would take some of the load off the large sig pics?

(Edit) Though I'd much rather have the damn clock fixed since this was actually the fifth post in this thread!!!

You can change a setting so that you never see signatures.

Default signatures getting too big

The signatures on this board are getting way too big, shouldn't there be some sort or size restriction?

They're getting to the point where the image looks to be part of the post, i spend most of my time looking at signature pics thinking they are part of the message. No one is really interested in a picture of your car, unless its really different, one pretty much looks like another.

Whats wrong with a small descreet signature, this is a help board not a photo album.

Quote Originally Posted by billy
    The signatures on this board are getting way too big, shouldn't there be some sort or size restriction?

They're getting to the point where the image looks to be part of the post, i spend most of my time looking at signature pics thinking they are part of the message. No one is really interested in a picture of your car, unless its really different, one pretty much looks like another.

Whats wrong with a small descreet signature, this is a help board not a photo album.
    I see this board as more of an enthusiast board that helps... I enjoy looking at pictures of other peoples e34's and their sig pics to be perfectly honest and I think the board is lucky to have people like Artguy who are willing to spend a lot of their own time to create something we can all appreciate. Just my humble opinion of course... (Check out my sig - Kudos to our good friend the Artguy!)
    Last edited by e34.535i.sport; 03-24-2008 at 07:09 PM.
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

While I agree that large signatures are sometimes annoying I believe there is an option in the user cp to disable the loading of signatures.

I cant even manage to post an image bigger than a postage stamp due to the site restrictions. (Maybe somebody can enlighten me?) It takes hours to log on some times. So you can post what you like-I'll just be happy to see it if I can log in

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    I cant even manage to post an image bigger than a postage stamp due to the site restrictions. (Maybe somebody can enlighten me?) It takes hours to log on some times. So you can post what you like-I'll just be happy to see it if I can log in
    Have a word with Artguy, he explained it to me but its been so long i've forgot! If you have a normal image you want to post saved on your computer go to Picoodle.com and host it there (very simple) - then copy the forum link into your post and the picture will go there (like my one of the fuse box!).
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport
    I see this board as more of an enthusiast board that helps... I enjoy looking at pictures of other peoples e34's and their sig pics to be perfectly honest and I think the board is lucky to have people like Artguy who are willing to spend a lot of their own time to create something we can all appreciate. Just my humble opinion of course... (Check out my sig - Kudos to our good friend the Artguy!)

100% agree. I find it amazing that a series of cars that spanned 7 years with little difference in body stylings can be customized in each case so uniquely. I love seeing everyone elses' cars, inventive sigs, and only regret that i havent had the time to do my own huge sig yet .

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick a$$....and Im all outta bubblegum..." - Rowdy Roddy Piper

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    That's due to the Lucas undersea cable to the U.S.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    That's due to the Lucas undersea cable to the U.S.
    Yes but two tin cans and a piece of string work