GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Stock fuel pump wiring?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    The fuel pump relay is under the ECU cover. That clicks over and sends 12 volts to the fuel pump right? Well where does that wire go? I know where to find it in the trunk... but I wanted to see if it goes under the back seat at all. I need to use it to trigger another relay for my external fuel pump and use 10 gauge wire. Any help?
    Doesnt it run down the top/side of the transmission tunnel, and then go through the bulkhead on what would be the american passenger side of the car in the footwell? From under the rear seat it then pops through a hole in the bulkhead and drops out under the car...

At least that's what the TDs fuel pump wiring used to do!

Default Stock fuel pump wiring?

The fuel pump relay is under the ECU cover. That clicks over and sends 12 volts to the fuel pump right? Well where does that wire go? I know where to find it in the trunk... but I wanted to see if it goes under the back seat at all. I need to use it to trigger another relay for my external fuel pump and use 10 gauge wire. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret
    Doesnt it run down the top/side of the transmission tunnel, and then go through the bulkhead on what would be the american passenger side of the car in the footwell? From under the rear seat it then pops through a hole in the bulkhead and drops out under the car...

At least that's what the TDs fuel pump wiring used to do!
    Not sure! That'd be nice if it does, though!

It does go under the rear seat... 2 months ago, my fuel pump died and it was a bad wire. Tracing the cut, we found it was between the pump and the bundle of wire that are present under the rear seat. My mechanic found it with the color I guess and made a jumper wire from that point all the way to the pump... So it's there, somewhere...

Jeff
    I prefer to be misunderstood rather than having to explain myself all the time...

I pulled up the sound deadening under the rear seat and didn't see any obvious wiring - I will have to look again. It definitely runs on top of th ecar right, not under?