GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: What tire pressure do you run.....

Quote Originally Posted by robert g
    What tire pressure do you all run on your car. Do you run more in the rear and less in the front? I have 18" wheels and I am running 32 psi but the tire seems under pressure. The tire from the side looks concave. On my other car the tire calls for 36 and the tire all so looks concave. The center of the tire looks low. Thanks again.
    Due to my car being lowered, I run more tire pressure than BMW recommends. Something like, 38psi up front and 41psi out back. Otherwise, I get too much wear on the inside edges due to the negative chamber (from the lowered stance without chamber plates).

Brian

I run 37psi front and back with 235-45-r18's... Seems to work pretty well.
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

Default What tire pressure do you run.....

What tire pressure do you all run on your car. Do you run more in the rear and less in the front? I have 18" wheels and I am running 32 psi but the tire seems under pressure. The tire from the side looks concave. On my other car the tire calls for 36 and the tire all so looks concave. The center of the tire looks low. Thanks again.

If the center is worn, but the outsides have more tread, your pressure is too high. If the outsides are worn, but the center has more tread, your pressure is too low.

You'll have to experiment if you're using a tire size which is not stock. Alot of this pertains to the way the car will handle. For instance, my old '63 Bel Air wagon had tire pressure setups for when the rear was loaded down, heavily and when it was not loaded down, which had to be adjusted correctly or the steering would get scary; all this being during a time that bias-ply tires were what you would use rather than radials.

On my 525i's stockers, I usually ran them at about 5 pounds below maximum cold pressure. They are 44psi max cold so I usually ran 40psi, but recently when I tried lowering the rears to about 30-32psi I noticed that handling on this windy downhill I take to work improved! Probably due to a larger contact patch.

38 front 40 rear...I run lower pressures sometimes for a slightly better ride,but the handling and tyre wear suffer.I always pump up for road tripa and or higher sped or car club runs...
    Gone but not forgotten

36 psi front, 41 rear. Stock wheels and tires. Lots of 75+ mph freeway driving.

I run the psi listed on the Door jam.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95