GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Ever use that 3M Clear Urethane for Glass Lenses?

Default Ever use that 3M Clear Urethane for Glass Lenses?

I cruised over to Bavarian Autosport today and bought what they advertise as adhesive lens protector. It came in a poster tube. it is a sheet with the four headlamps and two fog lenses scored in the thin laminate sheet which has a paper backing. There are instructions to apply it. I assumed it was just peel and stick so I couldn't do it right then and there,will try it tomorrow. You have to use an alcohol solution to clean the glass and your fingers and then spray the adhesive side to activate the stikum then use a squeegee they supply to press them to the glass forcing out as much moisture as you can. Apparently they can remain cloudy for a while as underlying moisture dries up. Just wondering if anyone has used this to good effect.

Seems BA stopped selling CeraTec the ceramic based engine oil additive or so they thought. I remember some saying they liked the technology and I've used two cans in the past . Anyone seen this anywhere?
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

I'm using the smoked lens protector and they seem to work good, no complaints but I do recommend using a hair dryer to warm up the material, makes it easier to work with.

I've got Lamin-X on my cars. Sounds similar to what you have. Never had any fogginess. They do say to spray water on to help with installation and it's also good if it's warm for flexibility. Results are good - no broken lenses in about 2 yrs of use and sandblasting from road debris damages the plastic rather than the glass, so replacing the plastic is needed every so often, depending on conditions and miles.

I've used Lamin-X as well as a cheaper product called "Ricochet" that comes in square sheets. Both work well. However, I don't give them too much credit as they make you pay a pretty penny for some fairly simple stuff - sticky clear plastic Then again, could save you $$ down the road.....................

Dave

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Yah this stuff was $49 usd. It had outlines lightly scored in the sheet for all the front lamp lenses including turn signals. I just finished fitting the Fog lenses. Apart from having a mm or so over hang from the flat surface of the glass which i may try to shave off after its cured a while it went on easily, none of the fogging the Instructions mentioned could occur. Its perfectly clear, you can't tell its on. If it remains in place and doesn't succumb in a few weeks to pitting to where they look bad I'll give it two thumbs up .
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95