GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 1990 525i black/black 140k miles 4 SALE

Default 1990 525i black/black 140k miles 4 SALE

I had a bad day today.....dont really want to get into it though....

Bottom line is....ive had enough of my e34 for a life time.

The head gasket finally gave today. Lots of white smoke, lots of oil leaking out everywhere, etc etc.

Asking 1500 as is. Good tires, no interior panels, blown head gasket, new clutch and rebuilt tranny seals. Also have a brand new water pump and such

I am located in agoura hills CA 91301

Email me at whitemtr2000@yahoo.com for pics or info (dont have pics as of yet, this is more of a fishing post)

I would also like to thank this entire board for all there help and support through this disaster of a car.

Alex
    1990 BMW 525i m20 SOHC 5-speed 140k miles, black on black, stoc
    http://www.born-today.com/Today/pix/tyson_m.jpg

MAN WHAT?!?!...

Everyone has to go on U-Tube and watch mike tyson interview

Quote Originally Posted by ber55ber55
    I had a bad day today.....dont really want to get into it though....

Bottom line is....ive had enough of my e34 for a life time.

The head gasket finally gave today. Lots of white smoke, lots of oil leaking out everywhere, etc etc.

Asking 1500 as is. Good tires, no interior panels, blown head gasket, new clutch and rebuilt tranny seals. Also have a brand new water pump and such

I am located in agoura hills CA 91301

Email me at whitemtr2000@yahoo.com for pics or info (dont have pics as of yet, this is more of a fishing post)

I would also like to thank this entire board for all there help and support through this disaster of a car.

Alex
    Wow - with a write up like that - makes me wanna jump on it !! Seriously - you are frustrated right now. Give it a couple days - if you still wanna sell it - you may wanna rewrite your post/ad.

Sorry yours has been such a bad experience.
    Prior care means everything to these cars. It sounds like yours probably had precious little of it. If there is such a thing as a "lemon" it is due to a cars previous life. The engineering and potential durability are well proven.
    If you aren't forever spoiled on the brand and buy used again have a thorough inspection done PP.
    Good luck.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Alex....... Now that some time has pasted, are still wanting to kick her to the curb? Post some pic's. If you are a "do it yourself" type of a person, in a couple of days you could once again be happy with your E34. Good luck and hang in there.
    M20 525/7 Bore: 84.50mm Stroke 81mm CR 8.5:1, blue printed/dyno & custom chip. Boost @ 6.5psi ~246hp @ 5300rpm / torque @ 269ftlbs. @ 4250rpm

funny thing. I picked up a rough condition '90 525iM for $400 with a blown head gasket. I think i spent around $100 in parts to replace the gasket. I had never dove that deep into an engine before, and with the help of this place and the roadfly archives I managed to get mine back together. I'm at about 90% now, just need to get the exhaust and manifolds disconnected so i can get them bolted to the head. I would recommend allocating around $200 and replace a few items including the head gasket and you will have a great car again.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

well the thing is.....i have next to no money...ive put in more money then you can imagine. Ive driven to the junk yard God knows how many times...i think its time to let her go...

Problems she has as of right now
    -front suspension is almost fully shot
    -control arm on right side done
    -interior is in pretty bad shape (seat are okay, as well as the trunk)
    -paint looks decent for a 18 yr old car when waxed and washed
    -tires good condition
    -rims are stock
    -brake rotors i believe are slotted in the front (guy that had car before me had those put on I believe)

I will post pics soon, im still too depressed to do anything. Im hung over as fck right now and dont wanna think about it.

It not like i wanna let her go either. Shes been a good car. She gets me where I wanna go. She ran way good for a long time ( 3 years)

She just cost me too much money, and im going into grad school soon and can deal with this anymore.

When I replaced the clutch and stuff, whoever worked on the car before me was a monkey. Didnt know the difference between tools or anything probably. Bolts stripped or welted together. Total nonsense. Ive been working on old diesel benz my whole life with my father and have never seen what I saw when i got under her. I almost felt bad for the car. Who knows what I will run into with a head gasket? Its not like I dont think I cant do it. And im sure there are plenty of people here that would help me. I just emotionally cant handle it. Im gonna fck the car up with a hammer if something goes bad. Im full blooded german for christ-sake. I cant hand it hahaha. Anyway.....its still for sale. I need to get rid of it quick. Im gonna pick up a diesel benz today or 2morrow for like a grand. Those things run forever.

im hoping for 1500. But if the right person comes along....ill go down...i just need money....for school and life...

Thanks again everyone. Ive really appreciated everything. Ill still keep coming by and helping out others that may need assistance. And who knows, maybe ill pick up another one of these awesome cars later on in life. Ive always wanted a 540i, 6 speed.
    1990 BMW 525i m20 SOHC 5-speed 140k miles, black on black, stoc
    http://www.born-today.com/Today/pix/tyson_m.jpg

MAN WHAT?!?!...

Everyone has to go on U-Tube and watch mike tyson interview