GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: So I add coolant and warm up the E30 yesterday...

TC535i Guest

Default So I add coolant and warm up the E30 yesterday...

It starts to get warm, but no heat from the vents. Go out, and check the hoses... some hot, but the other side was dead cold. Pull the thermostat, and it's fried shut. Could barely get the damn thing out, it was baked to the housing too. Put a new one in, and it started blowing hot air... so nice!

Gonna drive it today, see how it does. The engine is REALLY noisy, a loud clicking sound, almost sounds like from one of the injectors... can an overheat cause an injector to fail? I'll figure it out later... at least it's running again!

TC535i Guest

Drove it around today, and it's driving just fine. A bit tough starting up, but it's fine once it's going, and has full power when it's warm (I mean, it IS an eta, but still...) Definitely pulls strong, I'm happy about that. Temp is fine, this thermostat is a little cooler than I like, but I'll live (71c). Gotta figure out what's going on with that startup thing tho.

fuzzy plugs?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

TC535i Guest

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    fuzzy plugs?
    Pulling those next day off (Wed), that's my guess... they're too damn expensive tho... stupid thing wants Bosch Silver (they cost more than Platinum... wtf?!). I heard I can get away with the same plugs we use on our M30's tho, so I'll just go that route.

platinums suck!!! the silvers are the best but i've tried a few silver cars with the w8lcr bosch that the later m20/30s use and have had no problems, gap em about .28

Quote Originally Posted by TC535i
    Pulling those next day off (Wed), that's my guess... they're too damn expensive tho... stupid thing wants Bosch Silver (they cost more than Platinum... wtf?!). I heard I can get away with the same plugs we use on our M30's tho, so I'll just go that route.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

TC535i Guest

Yea, I wouldn't use the Plat's either, just ironic that "Silver" costs more than "Platinum"... there's just something wrong about that...

TC535i Guest

Swapped the plugs, used NGK (standard ones, "V-power" gapped to .028... car starts up MUCH better. Couple of the old ones had "blisters" on the gound electrode... that can't be good!