GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Compressor sources?

Default Compressor sources?

Help! I’m replacing my 1990 535i compressor and I’m having problems mating it up to the lines. My connections have the orifice surrounded with an annular grove that contains the sealing O-ring. The fittings are flanged and held in place with two allen head cap screws. It looks like the new unit is designed to have a cylindrical protrusion from the fitting going into the housing, the o-ring on the fitting. Additionally the compressor has two inlets and two outlets (to my one each), is there a 2-1 adaptor? Does anybody have a source for the fittings? I purchased the new compressor from BMA p/n 64 52 8 385 712. It is not the OEM unit but aftermarket. A rebuilt OEM is going for $700, while this one sold for a mere $390!!! Patrick at BMA is still doing some research but I thought I’d canvas the board as well. An alternative would be another source for a replacement compressor. Any suggestions??? Paul

you may have a wing cell (bosch/seiko, round looking steel housing) and he sold you a nippondenso piston type compressor (aluiminum housing with the ports roughly in the middle of the top) or vise versa, both came as factory compressors
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Unregistered Guest

Dallars to doughnuts there's a Volvo, Audi, VW, or other out there with the exact same AC compressor. The trick is to find which one(s). Prolly a LOT cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    you may have a wing cell (bosch/seiko, round looking steel housing) and he sold you a nippondenso piston type compressor (aluiminum housing with the ports roughly in the middle of the top) or vise versa, both came as factory compressors
    Both have aluminum housings but the one he sold me has the fittings in the center vs. mine with one fitting fwd and one aft. So it sounds like you're on to a solution. i just need to look for a bosch/seiko unit. Thanks