GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: won't start, help

Crank Position Sensor. Double check battery voltage. Ignition switch.

Default won't start, help

Hi there, looking for some help. Got a 95 525i auto. The thing was running great, pull over to a parking lot, came a couple of hours later and it won't start. Has a new battery and all lights and accesories work on the car. When turning the key on to start nothing happens, not even a "click". Put the car on a lift, place the ignition on the run position and tried to start the car jumping the starter, engine will spin but does not run. It has a brand new fuel pump so this is out of the question. What should I be looking at now???
    95/525i/auto/5/95 prod.date/18"rims/E31 FB/540i RB/ EAT chip/ blisteins sport/ bavauto springs

Ignition switch or a fusible link? The Links are easy to check, they are under the seat near the battery. Try jumping them to check
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Fusible link is strong possibility here. It would be the first thing I check.

Also check the fuses while you've the rear seat off checking the fusible link. Take care to look closely at the 7.5 amp fuses located in the rear fuse box.

Ews

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

I think some cars have two fusible links - one obvious, the other hidden in-line (but near the battery) in the wiring.

neutral safety switch. if the car allows, try starting (with e-brake on) in neutral.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Quote Originally Posted by playero
    Hi there, looking for some help. Got a 95 525i auto. The thing was running great, pull over to a parking lot, came a couple of hours later and it won't start. Has a new battery and all lights and accesories work on the car. When turning the key on to start nothing happens, not even a "click". Put the car on a lift, place the ignition on the run position and tried to start the car jumping the starter, engine will spin but does not run. It has a brand new fuel pump so this is out of the question. What should I be looking at now???
    hi there, similar thing happend to me. turned car round then it just wouldnt start, fired from time to time but nothin, change the fuel pump fuse even though it may look good, mine looked new but it was not working, replace all main fuses for new ones and good luck. wont be anythin that cant be fixed.mike.