GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: SRS - what are its components?

Default SRS - what are its components?

So...my SRS light has been on constantly for....9 months or so. Its been on my list of stuff to do for a long time, but nothing has been acting up despite the light so it kinda always got skipped over in favor of 'more important' jobs...

Well now my inspection expired and im doomed to fail with the SRS light on. I feel i have no choice but to give in to the dealer and bring it in. Anyone know of a kind of checklist i could go over before i pop in there with nothing to say except, "something is broken...but i dont know what. Let me know how much i owe you".

When the dealer (or indy) plugs his tool in and gets his codes what are the common faults? Saw some past refs on prev threads to contactors in the stearing wheel, seats and seatbelts. Anyone have a 'checklist' if you will?...Suggestions?
    Thanks

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick a$$....and Im all outta bubblegum..." - Rowdy Roddy Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    There may be no current fault. Once the light goes on it needs to be reset, correcting any fault will not turn it off. Powering up the car with any of the srs components disconnected will set the fault indication.
    For instance, turning the key on with the steering wheel removed this will turn on the light. Replacing the wheel does not turn it off.

I know the scumbag used car salesman I baught it from had the light reset prior to its sale and it came back on. So im pretty sure there is a fault

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick a$$....and Im all outta bubblegum..." - Rowdy Roddy Piper

There may be no current fault. Once the light goes on it needs to be reset, correcting any fault will not turn it off. Powering up the car with any of the srs components disconnected will set the fault indication.
    For instance, turning the key on with the steering wheel removed this will turn on the light. Replacing the wheel does not turn it off.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"