GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 525i ps hose reservoir to pump?

Default 525i ps hose reservoir to pump?

I have a power steering leak at the banjo bolt by the pump. Need to replace the line from the reservoir to the pump. however realoem doesn't seem to have a listing for it

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...65&hg=32&fg=20

it looks like 11 is what i need but it just says "intake manifold, $91.79+core."

also I don't have sls, it's just a 92 525i, so I wonder why it's coming up on realoem when I enter the VIN?

anyway, I replaced that line on my e32, same one was leaking. realoem had a listing, and the thing was only like $17.

what's the story?

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to post if anyone comes across it via a search.

I had a leak on my return line (#11 is correct) at the reservoir and replaced the hose. You can order the hose from someone that sells OEM - got mine at Carquest. Make sure you get new crush washers for the banjo bolt and new hose clamps. The hose is secured to the frame rail under the airbox so you'll need to remove the MAF and airbox as part of the job (straight forward enough).

If you are going to do this job, replace #7 while you are in there. The "part" is another $30 or so but it is nothing special. Just pick up a matching length of hose at your local auto parts store for a few bucks.
    Last edited by xspeedy; 01-25-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Its actually the feed hose. If the hose was never removed, you do not have to get new crush washers. ALl the crush washers that I've seen that haven't been tampered with since factory are perfectly reusable. I reused mine and no leaks.