After three years of marking the bonnet I finally decided to do something about it.(I I was clever I would add pics in sequence but I`me not) A lot of this is for RHD cars only but the major bits apply. First off, read Shoguns thread and believe it, the bit with a pry bar works but its frightening!
Take off grills,unbolt(2) water tank and lift as far as poss, junk overflow pipe(So if it overheats you will see steam earlier, cut to three ins).undo three bolts holding motor and one with drive spindle, it will come off but needs gorilla lever.Fiddle motor out, check, clean, lube and put aside.Start on panel in centre behind water tank,five mm bolts and they are a bastard to get at,then plastic nuts holding wiring trays.Lift panel out and plastic cover over heater motor.Undo wiper spindles, tape motor to spindle arm to alloy casting(to left on RHD),wriggle drivers side spindle down hole, and loosen centre one, this is the bitch one.Put blocks on motor to the same height as spindle hole,get the biggest pry bar,at least three feet with a toe(bend) on end,place toe under metal by spindle hole, pry bar should be longer than bonnet hole so run it at an angle.Lean on it and metal will"bend" just enough to let spindle drop onto heater, then wriggle alloy casting out of centre, and in my case throw over shoulder, miss skip and spear spare bonnet...... I looked carefully at spindles and they are held in by snap ring but both spindles and alloy wears so while they could be machined and a sleeve put in, it would be a saga. The main reason the centre one goes is due to the mud trap under the plastic grill, lift then and clean under is the answer, too late in my case.Hope it helps someome, will try to help anyone who wants it.Even in German Shoguns thread is good for the photos,LEARN!!