GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Windshield Washer Stopped Working

Default Windshield Washer Stopped Working

Just as the title says. My car has the headlight/foglight lighting system, pressing the right-hand stalk in usually operates the washers. Pump is less than a year old and I checked all the wiring and the tank is full/nozzles and hoses are basically new. When the pump was dead, pressing the stalk button wouldn't spray anything (obviously) but the windshield wipers would wipe a few times anyway as programmed. Now nothing happens at all, something with the stalk?

Not that its related but one of my fog lights also burned out today and the check control seems to get kicks out of alerting me about it constantly

have you checked your fuses? relays?

Pressing the right hand stalk in doesn't operate the washers on my car, it operates the secondary "extensive washing" system. Pulling the stalk TOWARDS you operates the washer system. What happens when you do that?

Once it stopped on my car: the hose was bended and did not let any washwater thru it. Was in engine room.
    So it can be electrical problem or mechanical.
    First check fuses, then go from the pump towards the nozzles and inspect and pull hoses off to check pressure.

yes pushing the end of the stalk is intensive clean.There will be at least two pumps in your sytem maybe three.It sounds to me that your intensive clean fluid pump is dead,or as shogun says one of the intensive clean fluid hoses.The intensive clean resevoir should have a red tab on it and is seperate from the main water resevoir.The pump or lines from that resevoir is what you need to check
    Gone but not forgotten

As for me, last autumn, I had to clean the nozzles with a needle since I had not used them all summer long. I expect wax clogged them. All good now.

Thanks for the insight, I checked all fuses and all was good and yesterday it suddenly started working again. My car does have three washer pumps but I only have one installed (been meaning to replace the other 2) as all were essentially dead when I got the car. So pushing in is intensive clean? I must have connected the wrong wire to the pump.

And does anyone know where I could get the plastic cap for the intensive clean tank, its an odd size (smaller than the others).

Also, my fog light suddenly started working again as well when I tapped on it--go figure.