GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PINGING...Winfred...........Bill R............... AND/OR ............Kalavera

Default PINGING...Winfred...........Bill R............... AND/OR ............Kalavera

hello gentlemen....I was referred to you guys by a trusting member of the board as you guys know your parts and what to buy for the e34....

well im going to make it short and simple....

what do you think of this set up?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...em250217762234

if not that set up what is/are the best websites to go to to get my parts and what brand?

all I hear is lemforder this and lemforder that but with all the money im going to spend on parts i might as well buy a new car....

any other brands you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance!

BMW E34 5-Series Control Arms 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
    ALL MEYLE COMPONENTS! HEAVY DUTY M5 UPGRADE
    Hmmmh, I would comment, but I am excluded from the list of experts

So, I will not recommend you something to install in your car, but I can tell you what is installed in MY car: all from Meyle, complete

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Hmmmh, I would comment, but I am excluded from the list of experts
    lol....nice.

Me too. I've used them and have comments... and have been commented on, but I'll let them speak.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

they call it m5 upgrades because the lower control arms are alloy and not steel. the thrust arm bushes are not the m5 type.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    they call it m5 upgrades because the lower control arms are alloy and not steel. the thrust arm bushes are not the m5 type.

BINGO that is what i was looking for

those ****ing snakes!!!!

and as far as everyone else im sorry i didnt mean to be rude and i would love you advice if you would still like to give them to me!

=)

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BMW4LIFE
    BINGO that is what i was looking for

those ****ing snakes!!!!

and as far as everyone else im sorry i didnt mean to be rude and i would love you advice if you would still like to give them to me!

=)

thanks!
    That auction is still an awesome value package, you could call a dealer for a quote OR that would be an equivilant to adding a "0" to the end of the auction price.

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

you dont necessarlily need to buy everything in that kit....If you are on a budget you should start twith the control arms to see if that solves your shimmy.Otherwise you have 650 worth of parts which you may or may not have needed AT THIS TIME.Just make sure you do the job right,or the place you take it to does it right.
    Gone but not forgotten

you've been here for in excess of 2 years, and likely heard all that has to be said about this subject. me, i'd rather go down to the junkyard, find a e34 with no obvious front end damage, and use the lemforder components off that vehicle before i go down this road again. curiously, i've had a broke-dick lemforder thrust arm with a new bushing and new balljoint boot outlast a new h-t item put on at the same time. i may be cheap, but i'm not stupid. my installation skills had nothing to do with the failure, as both were put on at the same time. perhaps it has something to do with the fact that i drive at least 12k a year on the e34, whereas some people use their vehicles as second cars. also, fcp groton makes you buy a new item before they complete your warranty transaction.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

My front suspension is Karlyn, It's about a year old and has 12K miles on it now. I replaced one of the Karlyn end links shortly after installation with a Meyle part due to an installation issue on my part. The Meyle replacement part looked to be a better part. When I replaced my brakes about a month ago I noticed the boots on the other Karlyn end link were shot. No noise yet though so I haven't done anything with it. All other parts seem to be holding up well.
    www.universal5.com
    Orange Tool Forum
    San Diego, CA

1994 e34 530i Eibachs/KYB
    0 miles on new windshield

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast