GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Installation of Drivers seat

Default Installation of Drivers seat

So I finally got around to fixing my seat twist problem [Gale your version posted works GREAT!]

My problem now is, I think with my fat ass I may have damaged the bottom frame of the seat before I finally got around to fixing this problem, I can not properly hook the front part of the seat frame to the floor board to where I can line up the bolt holes in the back I have had to do this by myself so lifting that seat up and down, jiggling it and everything has left me tired as hell. and now its to late to work on it.

Is there any other trick or method i should be trying besides lean the seat towards the steering wheel and trying to slip it in the hooks then lay the back of it down to bolt in?

Altho the links and threads i can find explain how to fix the cable "installation is reverse of removal" is not quite working for me right now, the most I can get the frame to hook onto is maybe 1/8th of a inch, and looks like it can slide in a good 1/2 inch.

Thanks in advance

"Just a note of caution. Use care so as not to bend the thin plate mounted to the seat frame under the floor hook. If you're not careful, the floor mounting hook will dig into the plate and bend it down. This will make it impossible to reinstall the seat until the plate is flattened again."

That part I dont remember reading before I will take a look at it right now and see

Yeah, the lil peice of sheet metal [looks like it was used as a shim of sorts] is bent and all weird looking, going to flatten it out tomorrow and see if that will let me put the seat in all the way.

I bent the plate and it was pain to flatten. I just could not get the seat in unless it was flat.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment