GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I sure f$!*ed it up...

out of curiousity, what insurance policy do you have that covers bent rims? I would think that even if it was covered the premium hike would be well more than the cost of the repairs yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_manners_god
    If it's just that accident over a huge span of time, then insurance will hardly ever increase, but if it's an accident every couple of months, it will increase.
    read your policy carefully.

Default Well I sure f$!*ed it up...

Hit a curb pretty bad, something underneath is totally bent, (haven't even had a chance to look at it yet because now I'm back at school) rim is bent, foglight imploded, motor mounts are gone, car vibrates like . Had to tow it home because I can't even turn the wheel. I was bitching at the tow truck guy when he was putting it on the truck and he was like listen, "I know how to do my job," and damn, he showed me ass. He finnessed it on the truck like ****in butta! :rofl Sigh, I hope insurance will cover it and maybe get a whole new front end suspension wise.

Probably Damaged a Control Arm if not both and the Tie Rod as well. NEeds an alignment too.

What front lip is that in your sig?

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

Probably Damaged a Control Arm if not both and the Tie Rod as well. NEeds an alignment too.

What front lip is that in your sig?
    Yeah, hopefully I can weasel insurance to pay for an entire new front end. It is not a lip, they are the 540 brake ducts that I molded into the bumper. Here is the procedure I used:

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/540_ducts.asp

Quote Originally Posted by E34 530
    Yeah, hopefully I can weasel insurance to pay for an entire new front end. It is not a lip, they are the 540 brake ducts that I molded into the bumper. Here is the procedure I used:

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/540_ducts.asp
    Do you have an up close pic?

Do you have an up close pic?

Pretty damn nice, looks nicer than most lips. Did you do the prodecure the same way you linked me too?

Or did you just attach them to the bumper itself?

I just like the look, I don't really need all that much cooling since I have drilled rotors as it is, but more air couldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    out of curiousity, what insurance policy do you have that covers bent rims? I would think that even if it was covered the premium hike would be well more than the cost of the repairs yourself.
    Not sure if they will cover the rim, but I have full coverage and hopefully they cover it. I'm on my parents policy though, and I don't want their rates to go up because of it, so that is the deciding factor, although my father said that our policy does not increase rates because of accidents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast