GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do I get My E34 To Open With No Battery

amazing what this forum has come to
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Please try a search.

There is a method you can attempt with the key on the passenger door, it may take a number of tries, but might work. Otherwise, yes, you need to supply power via something like the licence plate light.

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Done this exact thing myself..... The passenger door lock trick - which you should search for - rarely works.

If the battery is in the engine bay then get some jumper cables and try to connect to the battery cables under the hood/bonnet then connect to another battery. This worked for me.

If the battery should be under the rear seat then choose a window to pop. Rear quarter light is the cheapest to replace.

Don't try to slim jim an e34, they're a bitch as the lock and rods are plated over to stop this. Apparently... :-)

EDIT:
    1> Wow how screwed is the posting clock on this forum? Posted the reply before the question?
    2> Add your vehicle details to your profile. Your location would also be useful if you ask questions in the future.
    Last edited by Omega; 02-13-2008 at 05:02 AM.
    1997 e39 523SEi touring.

Quote Originally Posted by E34 Lover
    Cheers for all the advice. Thing is it's a long story about the car. I have 3 E34's and the one that is locked got locked accidently when I had to take the battery off for one of my other cars and I told the wife to lock the car and then realised how the hell do I get into it now. And now I need to get into it for a part for my 3rd E34 which is going to be resprayed.
    And I don't want to break any of the windows if I can help it.

As for my profile,tried to do it but not working at the mo so can't do anything,if it helps I'm from Wigan,uk.

Cheers Mike
    Jack up the front of the car, rip off the tray under the engine and get yourself a jump battery + jump leads to hand.

Clip the positive end to the battery cable on the back of the alternator or the starter motor. Negative end to any piece of chassis to hand.

You should be able to open the doors now

Default How Do I get My E34 To Open With No Battery

Hiya I was wondering if anyone can help me.I have an E34 525ise and I am unable to get the doors open as there is no battery on the car. I have tried unlocking it with the key but nothing and I don't want to break a window or bend the door to gain access.
    Does anyone know of a way of getting into it?
    Cheers Mike

Quote Originally Posted by E34 Lover
    Hiya I was wondering if anyone can help me.I have an E34 525ise and I am unable to get the doors open as there is no battery on the car. I have tried unlocking it with the key but nothing and I don't want to break a window or bend the door to gain access.
    Does anyone know of a way of getting into it?
    Cheers Mike
    Try unlocking from the passenger door or the trunk and crawl in if your seats fold down. If not you pay taxi drivers like $40 and they slim jim it for you.

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

Quote Originally Posted by bad_manners_god
    Try unlocking from the passenger door or the trunk and crawl in if your seats fold down. If not you pay taxi drivers like $40 and they slim jim it for you.
    Cheers for that but tried the key in all locks,nothing doing the key just turns. Had been told that putting a battery to some jump leads and then to the battery terminal may do it but not too sure.
    Cheers Mike

Cheers for all the advice. Thing is it's a long story about the car. I have 3 E34's and the one that is locked got locked accidently when I had to take the battery off for one of my other cars and I told the wife to lock the car and then realised how the hell do I get into it now. And now I need to get into it for a part for my 3rd E34 which is going to be resprayed.
    And I don't want to break any of the windows if I can help it.

As for my profile,tried to do it but not working at the mo so can't do anything,if it helps I'm from Wigan,uk.

Cheers Mike

I think the main problem is that he has NO battery in the car... so by hooking up another battery, it is still a problem. as he has no complete circuit (provided by the battery).

I think in this case, you need to open up the trunk. Take out the carpet mat that is against the back seat... pop that center (ski) hole out... Reach in the hole and jumper the two battery cables. Then get a battery and hook it up.

Otherwise, send a small kid into the car and have him or her pull up the door lock. Mmm... kinda reminds me of how Gayle did this for her brother...

I must be missing something here. Can't you just turn the key to open, lift the handle, then turn some more? It's in the manual. I took the battery out of my e34 for storage and that's how I get in. I do this on the drivers door.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast